+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Im BACK! Build for 2021, My "New" Dakota.

Status

Default Im BACK! Build for 2021, My "New" Dakota.

Gentlemen! I have returned! The twins are doing great. And the new owner of my R/T is loving the truck. Now starts the build of my newest project. This truck was first my fathers, then a work truck for his company, then my grandfathers who drove it daily for a very long time. He just recently passed away (the DAY my twins were born. Very sad). In cleaning out his garaga and things with Family, i saw tbe truck out back that had been parked and neglected for quite some time, as his health had deteriorated the past few years. I decided that I was gonna pull it out and start to making it a fun burnout machine street/strip truck.

Details are
    1996 Dodge Dakota Sport
    3.9 magnum V6
    Nv3500 5-speed
    380,000miles lol
    3.23 gear

My plans are to tin can the inside, couple of aluminum racing seats, gut the dash, AC, power steering, etc. Gonna keep the factory computer as it does have an OBD2 port so tuning is there.
    Powerplant will be a donor 318 magnum that we plan to freshen up and put a set of EQ heads, mild port/shaved, airgap intake, hughes cam (yet to decide)

Rebuild nv3500. Decent clutch. Partly why i decided on a 318 so hopefully the old nv3500 survives a bit longer without the extra torque.

Cleaned up, i want a 13 second play truck thats loud and fun. Gonna be a great little tinker toy for the boys when they get bigger, if they are into those things. Build suggestions or pointers for swap are always recommended!! 20210731_155028.jpg20210731_154940.jpg20210731_155107.jpg20210731_155451_HDR.jpg
    2003 Dakota R/T CC Flame Red. Bolt ons, Built Trans.
    Dynotune Nitrous Wet system, 100 shot, FRP tuned. (SOLD! Gone but never forgotten)

Acts 2:38

Welcome back.

Status

Should be a fun build! Welcome Back.

Any update on the build?

+ Reply to Thread