+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Did this ever go any where???

Default Did this ever go any where???

Quote Originally Posted by musky mike View Post
    I don't believe so.

SpoR/T driver

Status

As far as I know it was always kind of a pet project. Chris O used to post here pretty regularly but I haven't seen him post anything on here or Facebook about this kit in years.

'98 RC/SB - Hellcat/6 Speed Swapped
    10.18@139.8mph
    '00 AF RC R/T Under Construction!
    '01 IB RC R/T Under Construction!
    '99 SY CC R/T Sold
    '00 AF RC R/T Sold
    DRTC Member #1181

Status

$3k for just the intake, tb and fuel rails?

Quote Originally Posted by niebs View Post
    $3k for just the intake, tb and fuel rails?
    My guess would be that's why it didn't go anywhere.

Status

My guess would be that's why it didn't go anywhere.
    Yeah ild say so.

I mean i get that start up fro casting intake is crazy expensive. and the demand is not really there to carry that start up cost out.
    Tho it uses a base M1 intake so idk what the kit actually entails.

I was going to build an intake to use a mp90 but i ended up selling the blower and changing direction of the build.

[QUOTE=musky mike;535598] "My guess would be that's why it didn't go anywhere"

Considering you were getting the intake plus the blower, it wasn't an outlandish pricing. With any other type blower it would cost 5-6 grand.
    For half the price, you were getting a blower that would do 6 lbs which didn't require an intercooler.

I'm wondering if ppl didn't bite because it wouldn't make their trucks fast enough.
    I mean at the time, guys were getting their trucks into the 9's,10,s and 11,s and may have influenced trends at the time.
    It was all certainly all cool stuff but a lot of these trucks were no longer "street" as much as they were "race".

This set up was a pretty good compromise in my mind if a person still wanted a "truck" DD.

[QUOTE=arro222;535601]
    "My guess would be that's why it didn't go anywhere"

Considering you were getting the intake plus the blower, it wasn't an outlandish pricing. With any other type blower it would cost 5-6 grand.
    For half the price, you were getting a blower that would do 6 lbs which didn't require an intercooler.

I'm wondering if ppl didn't bite because it wouldn't make their trucks fast enough.
    I mean at the time, guys were getting their trucks into the 9's,10,s and 11,s and may have influenced trends at the time.
    It was all certainly all cool stuff but a lot of these trucks were no longer "street" as much as they were "race".

This set up was a pretty good compromise in my mind if a person still wanted a "truck" DD.
    I think 3k was just for the intake, TB and fuel rails...you had to provide the SC headunit (not sure, I wasn't around then). Too bad, Kenne Bell should have designed his system to replace the intake and have it sit in the middle of the engine, they would have been more efficient, compact and sold a bunch more than the funky design they put on the market.

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

Yeah ild say so.

I mean i get that start up fro casting intake is crazy expensive. and the demand is not really there to carry that start up cost out.
    Tho it uses a base M1 intake so idk what the kit actually entails.

I was going to build an intake to use a mp90 but i ended up selling the blower and changing direction of the build.
    To be fair, it wasn't an M1. It was an Indy Mod Man intake with a custom top plate, snout support, inlet, etc.

SpoR/T driver

Status

Yeah it was a lot more than an intake, tb, and rails. I believe Chris' truck still has the setup on it and I think Justin Frederick on Facebook is running a partial kit (I could be wrong here).

'98 RC/SB - Hellcat/6 Speed Swapped
    10.18@139.8mph
    '00 AF RC R/T Under Construction!
    '01 IB RC R/T Under Construction!
    '99 SY CC R/T Sold
    '00 AF RC R/T Sold
    DRTC Member #1181

Well, making a design for it to set over the intake is how it should have been designed in the first place. It cool of him to redesign it that way. I guess in the end, he had to compete with performance and price point of other SC systems on the market. Too bad, I would have popped for one.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by nitroram33 View Post
    To be fair, it wasn't an M1. It was an Indy Mod Man intake with a custom top plate, snout support, inlet, etc.
    Idk. I was just going by what it said it the link. It said an M1 intake was not needed. So i assumed they supplied the M1.
    But i guess it really could be any intake.

Status

Well, making a design for it to set over the intake is how it should have been designed in the first place. It cool of him to redesign it that way. I guess in the end, he had to compete with performance and price point of other SC systems on the market. Too bad, I would have popped for one.
    You want traditional blower intake?

Status

Idk. I was just going by what it said it the link. It said an M1 intake was not needed. So i assumed they supplied the M1.
    But i guess it really could be any intake.
    No need to purchase an M1 which is out of production because it was using a the Mod Man intake.

Status

Pricing wasn't really the problem, it was more his day job, new family, etc that put a stop to the development.

Status

No need to purchase an M1 which is out of production because it was using a the Mod Man intake.
    Gotcha. That makes sense.

Pricing wasn't really the problem, it was more his day job, new family, etc that put a stop to the development.
    ugh i know how that goes. Ive been developing sheet metal valve covers for late model hemis for a year or so now
    Life always gets in the way, unless you have hard orders in already.

What about just cleaning out the bottom of a Kegger and cutting the top off to weld an aluminum plate for the base of the blower?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (33.9 KB, 12 views)
    2000 Dakota, 5.9, 6lb Powerdyne, 13.33@106

Last edited by musky mike; 08-31-2021 at 11:11 PM.

@Musky Mike: Yup, figured it wasn't too difficult. The rest of it is the hard part!
    2000 Dakota, 5.9, 6lb Powerdyne, 13.33@106

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherDodge View Post
    @Musky Mike: Yup, figured it wasn't too difficult. The rest of it is the hard part!
    If you have a mill, mill the top off. Make a top plate and weld it on and use a M122 off a Mustang. Sounds easy, if you have the right tools and time it can be done.

If you have a mill, mill the top off. Make a top plate and weld it on and use a M122 off a Mustang. Sounds easy, if you have the right tools and time it can be done.
    That's the easy part.
    It's the subsequent tuning, mechanical coordination and electronic configuration that can be a bit mind bending.
    For me it would be anyway.

Supporting Vendor

Status

Things are usually easier said than done. LOL

I made the fuel rails and fitting kit for his prototype to his specifications. I may have even machined his intake, but I don't remember now. I wonder if he found that there was too much work and cost involved to make a decent profit, but I don't know for sure.

He had a well designed set up.

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    Things are usually easier said than done. LOL

I made the fuel rails and fitting kit for his prototype to his specifications. I may have even machined his intake, but I don't remember now. I wonder if he found that there was too much work and cost involved to make a decent profit, but I don't know for sure.

He had a well designed set up.
    Nice going Rich on helping out.
    That's the problem with innovation. start ups cost big money. The 318/360 is a relatively small potato performance wise in the industry
    May have been different if Chrysler used LS engines in their vehicles.

+ Reply to Thread