+ Reply to Thread

Thread: (WTB) transmission dipstick tube

Default (WTB) transmission dipstick tube

Looking for a dipstick tube to a 2000 5.9 magnum. Mine got bent while pulling the engine. Now the transmission won't stop leaking. If you have one laying around or have a solution, I'm all ears. Not too interested in the Lokar TD-3518FM. Firewall is cluttered as of this moment.

Status

What happens is the dipstick(tube) will pull out and rip the rubber grommet that goes in the trans, try replacing that and lube up the tube before you slide it in, (that’s what she said)

When I pulled the engine the tube was still attached to the cylinder head. So it was bent. I tried bending it back into place but it just doesn't seem right. It appears to be feeding into the transmission crocked ever so slightly. Just enough to make it leak. Either way, probably just needs a new tube. I did a few hacks to mount it to the cylinder head slightly offset to compensate but you know..... I tried.

Long story short, I need a new tube if you have one. Already purchased the grommet.

I killed Goose

Status

It's discontinued but here are the original part numbers.

Latest Part Number: 52118619AD
    Previous Suppression(s): 52118619AB; 52118619AC

Maybe Durangos with the magnum engines used the same tubes? That would widen your search in a bone yard. Good luck.

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

this is a 5.00 part at the junkyard........

this is a 5.00 part at the junkyard........
    I can't get a junk yard around Northern Virginia to tell me if they have a 5.9 in the yard. Everyone I call says, "come on down and look". I can't blame them.

Home School Valedictorian

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDockman View Post
    I can't get a junk yard around Northern Virginia to tell me if they have a 5.9 in the yard. Everyone I call says, "come on down and look". I can't blame them.
    Search car-part.com for your area. A tube for a 5.2/5.9 Ram should work.

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Search car-part.com for your area. A tube for a 5.2/5.9 Ram should work.
    Good try. No dice. I didn't know about them. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm thinking I just need to drain the transmission and clean the walls around the connector out. Then put a new grommet in with a bead of gasket maker. Wait for it to harden, then fill the trans back up. That might work.

i feel bad for ya....in winter garden florida...my local yard is so neat and tidy....all the dodges in one spot....lots of 5.9's in the rams and such.....found 3 r/t's over the years....got a roll-n-lock cover for 30 bucks for my dakota

+ Reply to Thread