+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aftermarket EFI

Status

Default Aftermarket EFI

Would like to hear everyone’s preferred 4barrel efi kits. Not a whole lot of feedback on google unless it’s about a LS. I’m looking to run a single plane 4150 type setup with a single turbo. I’d like to hear from the NA guys too since I’m not turbo’d yet.
    01’ Club Cab, 2/4 drop, stockish drivetrain

Status
    Blog Entries

I heard [PIE] performance injection engineering can make our R/T EFI work with turbo's ??? I do like the later 4bbl. EFI kits.
    I chose to put a 4.250 stroker and Hughes big gulp heads [alum.] .. Less tuning hassle tuning. Not installed yet,, I'm in Florida ,too hot in summers to work.

I killed Goose

Status

No experience with our engines but I have installed a few Holley Sniper EFI kits on small block Chevy marine engines. I was impressed with the self tune features and ease of installation.

https://www.holley.com/brands/holley...on/sniper_efi/

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

Status

I’ve been emailing PIE trying to get the exact details on that kit. It’s not intercooled, but I like their turbo headers ( you can buy them separate ). Not sure if they work with aluminum heads though. I’m running EQ heads. I’m just waiting to hear what turbo and injector sizes they offer, and what addons are needed (boost controller/fuel pump/etc…)

for the fuel pump i was thinking of using the holley fuel pump made for dakota when you use a hemi...figure that pump will be enough for a lot of the magnum builds and its a bolt in performance pump.

Status
    Blog Entries

I had better luck emailing PIE . I think he does the work and answers phone when able. Kills business...

Quote Originally Posted by CharliesRT View Post
    I’ve been emailing PIE trying to get the exact details on that kit. It’s not intercooled, but I like their turbo headers ( you can buy them separate ). Not sure if they work with aluminum heads though. I’m running EQ heads. I’m just waiting to hear what turbo and injector sizes they offer, and what addons are needed (boost controller/fuel pump/etc…)
    I contacted him about a year ago on the turbo kits he used to display on his web site.
    He seemed down on the turbo and enthusiastically recommended the S/C.
    Said the S/C was a lot easier to deal with for a street vehicle.

Supporting Vendor

Status

for the fuel pump i was thinking of using the holley fuel pump made for dakota when you use a hemi...figure that pump will be enough for a lot of the magnum builds and its a bolt in performance pump.
    You might want to read the installation instructions for the Holley Dakota pump. It is not a simple bolt-on.

A simple bolt on is something like the HiPoTek HPT306: http://stores.hi-potek.com/hipotek-n...-03-ram-94-03/

Status

Thanks for the info Richard. I’ll be looking into your 450 lph E85 kit
    Last edited by CharliesRT; 06-17-2021 at 10:09 PM.

Status

Would like to hear everyone’s preferred 4barrel efi kits. Not a whole lot of feedback on google unless it’s about a LS. I’m looking to run a single plane 4150 type setup with a single turbo. I’d like to hear from the NA guys too since I’m not turbo’d yet.
    Depends on your goal.
    hp, boost presssure, fuel choice ect. makes a big difference.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by niebs View Post
    Depends on your goal.
    hp, boost presssure, fuel choice ect. makes a big difference.
    Would like to see over 600 to the wheels after boost and E85. For now it’s just going to be Heads/cam/ported intake, but if I can buy an oversized fuel system and get away with it till I add boost I would like to.

want more inchs STROKE IT

Status

Quote Originally Posted by packard1 View Post
    I had better luck emailing PIE . I think he does the work and answers phone when able. Kills business...
    I deal with Chris a lot. And have so for many years. And you are right, he is very busy. He is very knowledgeable and does quality work. Don’t be discouraged when it takes a bit for him to get back with you, only so many hours in a day.

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.47@105 1.37 60’ 10.23@131

Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

Status
    Blog Entries

With the 4 bolt head pattern your asking a lot out of the head gaskets running boost?? That's why i went with 4.250 stroke and pie big gulp heads instead of turbo, doing it with stroke. Just my 2 cents..
    Last edited by packard1; 10-23-2021 at 01:44 AM.

Status

With the 4 bolt head pattern your asking a lot out of the head gaskets ?? That's why i went with 4.250 stroke and pie big gup heads. Just my 2 cents..
    How does those heads change the 4 bolt head bolts pattern?

Status

Would like to see over 600 to the wheels after boost and E85. For now it’s just going to be Heads/cam/ported intake, but if I can buy an oversized fuel system and get away with it till I add boost I would like to.
    I do not believe any of the 4bbl Tb efi setups have a bolt on system for e85. Youll probably have to use the 1200hp kit and 'fudge' the inputs to tune it.

I finished installing a 2x4 Fitech setup on a tunnel ram last year on my SBC. 600hp system. My brother finished his 1200hp single throttle body Fitech system on his turbo SBC.

The one thing I learned with installing those systems: you cannot fuck up the wiring! And if you use the system to control the timing as well, that can be a major pain in the ass to setup properly. But, once setup and all data input in the handheld, it fires right up every time. Linkage needs to be on the drivers side when doing a 2x4 setup and the linkage is a direct 1:1 setup, not a progressive setup like a dual quad.

20210520_150902.jpg
    1998 RC RT Black

Status
    Blog Entries

W-9 heads on an R-3 block have 2 extra head bolts, 6 bolts around each cyl..

Status

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbcvt View Post
    I finished installing a 2x4 Fitech setup on a tunnel ram last year on my SBC. 600hp system. My brother finished his 1200hp single throttle body Fitech system on his turbo SBC.

20210520_150902.jpg
    On e85?
    Does the Fitech give options for different fuel?

Status

W-9 heads on an R-3 block have 2 extra head bolts, 6 bolts around each cyl..
    lol nice Little bit more than just a head change tho Thats what i was getting at.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by niebs View Post
    On e85?
    Does the Fitech give options for different fuel?
    FITech told me all their kits are E85 friendly. They also told me to buy the kit 30% bigger than what I needed to compensate for the E85. So instead of buying the 600hp kit for 600hp, you’d need their 800hp kit for 600hp on E85

Status

Status

I already ordered Richards 52mm throttle body, so I’m gonna get with him on his E85 kit once I get my heads/cam on and running. I thought I needed to swap to a 4 barrel once I added boost, but I guess my intake temperatures will answer that question for me once I get there.

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    You might want to read the installation instructions for the Holley Dakota pump. It is not a simple bolt-on.

A simple bolt on is something like the HiPoTek HPT306: http://stores.hi-potek.com/hipotek-n...-03-ram-94-03/
    Heard some fitment comment about Holley Dakota pump either. My friend is looking to get Holley pump for his incoming Dakota project after we finished installing the headache rack and tonneau covers on the truck this week. We're gonna take a look at the Hi-Potek.

+ Reply to Thread