+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Purchase - 1999 RC RT - 38K miles

Default New Purchase - 1999 RC RT - 38K miles

Hello all!

I got super lucky today! Just brought home a 99 RC RT Black with red with only 38,500 original miles! Bought it from the original owner who unfortunately can no longer drive and decided to sell. This truck has been parked outside most of its life, so it is not a perfect truck, but all the important stuff is there! Purchased new in Cedar Rapids Iowa and driven to CA in 2005 or so. Been here ever since.

I'll get some pictures up soon. Suffice to say, the clear coat is gone in all the places where the sun beat on it over the years. The interior was filthy (gross if I'm honest) but he had seat covers on the seats since day 1, so the two seats are nearly perfect. The motor had a big layer of rat crap on it, so there is lots of cleaning to do there too. The truck has some small oil leak, but I haven't identified that quite yet.

The truck has a clean car fax that shows mileage at each of the smog checks over the past 15 or so years, but other that that, the gent I got it from had no records.

Not the most exciting barn find ever in the RT world, but I can tell you I sure am excited! This is my third RT. I bought one new in 99 when I was young and stupid. I now have a 2001 FR CC and the new to me 99 RC.

To be honest - I don't really know what the plan is for the truck yet. After getting it home, I ripped the seats out and began cleaning the inside. Pulled the carpet and started shampooing that. I'm sure I'll need to do that a few more times.

GJ

I killed Goose

Status

Nice score. Low miles and unmolested is always a win.

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

Quote Originally Posted by BIGROB View Post
    Nice score. Low miles and unmolested is always a win.
    Yes Sir BigRob! I jumped at the chance. I'm in the process of cleaning. It's a long process

Accumulating parts...

Status

Nice! Wish I had the room for a RC to play with.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

pics?

Status

This was up for sale on Facebook not that long ago.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)
    00 BLK RC ProCharged -Hotchkis - on and on (Sold)
    01 AF CC (Leased - Turned in)

+ Reply to Thread