+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 00' Regular Cab

Default 00' Regular Cab

Hi Everyone,

I'm Shaun and I just picked up a 00' (mostly red) but completely rust free 98k/mile regular cab from Florida and ripped back up to Western NY a couple days ago.

When I was 18 I bought a brand new 00' Black regular cab R/T from the dealership and was madly in love with it. Unfortunately being young and reckless I totaled her a few years after. In the years since, I had a handful of fun cars, a 95 Talon TSI, a brand new 02 Mustang GT vert, a handful of 68 Mustang coupes, an 06'Stage 2 Roush Mustang, and most recently a 66' Tubbed Belvedere II vert with a 440. But none of these other cars have ever filled the void like my original R/T. So for my 40th, my amazing wife allowed me to take some of the cash we had saved up to replace her 2011 explorer and satiate my midlife crisis/long time desire. Anyway, super excited and looking forward to getting to know all of you guys and gals.

Cheers!

Shaun

Quote Originally Posted by Txasflood View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I'm Shaun and I just picked up a 00' (mostly red) but completely rust free 98k/mile regular cab from Florida and ripped back up to Western NY a couple days ago.

When I was 18 I bought a brand new 00' Black regular cab R/T from the dealership and was madly in love with it. Unfortunately being young and reckless I totaled her a few years after. In the years since, I had a handful of fun cars, a 95 Talon TSI, a brand new 02 Mustang GT vert, a handful of 68 Mustang coupes, an 06'Stage 2 Roush Mustang, and most recently a 66' Tubbed Belvedere II vert with a 440. But none of these other cars have ever filled the void like my original R/T. So for my 40th, my amazing wife allowed me to take some of the cash we had saved up to replace her 2011 explorer and satiate my midlife crisis/long time desire. Anyway, super excited and looking forward to getting to know all of you guys and gals.

Cheers!

Shaun
    Welcome aboard Shaun.

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome Shaun.
    Is Texas flood a reference to Stevie Ray Vaughn?

I killed Goose

Status

Welcome
    I thought SRV as soon as read your profile name also.

Project Maverick. I feel the need, the need for speed

Yeah buddy! I've had it as my email since high school.. though I had to take "txasflood". Still my favorite album.

Status

Welcome..
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)
    00 BLK RC ProCharged -Hotchkis - on and on (Sold)
    01 AF CC (Leased - Turned in)

Thanks buddy! And thanks again for the thoughtful PM.

You ever hear of a town called Sodus Point?

Hey man, I was right by it today. I drove out 104 to hit up a u-pull yard... scored a dash vent that was broken in my truck for $2!

Status

Welcome from DE!

Quote Originally Posted by Txasflood View Post
    Hey man, I was right by it today. I drove out 104 to hit up a u-pull yard... scored a dash vent that was broken in my truck for $2!
    I grew up in Sodus point, my MOM still lives in Sodus, right off 104 on Maple Ave.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by musky mike View Post
    I grew up in Sodus point, my MOM still lives in Sodus, right off 104 on Maple Ave.
    Small world! Sodas Point is beautiful!

You picked that up in Fort Myers, correct ? I believe the asking price was $5,500 ? My buddy and I were thinking about checking it out, but the price was too high for the mileage and condition. I'm hoping you got the price down significantly.
    1941 Dodge 1/2 ton, 493 twin turbo, EFI, 727, 4 wheel disc brakes, custom triangulated 4 link, DANA 60, Gleason Torsen diff,

2002 Dakota R/T RC, PX8, PPH Headers, K&N FIPK, Hotchkis TVS, 20" R/T chrome rims, BFG G-Force T/A KDW 275/35 ZR20 tires, Kenwood head unit, Kenwood speakers, RF amp, 8" RF Punch Z subs

1998 Dakota RC daily driver 5.9L, AX-15 5 speed, Hooker long tube headers, FRP tune

BTW, you should see what we have to choose from in western ny.. I was looking at another one with 200k and through rust and the guy wanted almost 8! Insanity. This one drove like a top all the way back 1200 miles.. between gas stations. Hahaha

The 5.7 hemi that is going into one of my Dakotas came from a Durango that spent most of it's life in your area, so I've seen how bad things can get. I got it for about $450, pulled the engine, and some wiring and scrapped the rest. Rockers were gone and the wiper motor was about to fall out of the hatch through a huge rust hole... but my question remains unanswered.
    1941 Dodge 1/2 ton, 493 twin turbo, EFI, 727, 4 wheel disc brakes, custom triangulated 4 link, DANA 60, Gleason Torsen diff,

2002 Dakota R/T RC, PX8, PPH Headers, K&N FIPK, Hotchkis TVS, 20" R/T chrome rims, BFG G-Force T/A KDW 275/35 ZR20 tires, Kenwood head unit, Kenwood speakers, RF amp, 8" RF Punch Z subs

1998 Dakota RC daily driver 5.9L, AX-15 5 speed, Hooker long tube headers, FRP tune

What question? Yes it was the one in Ft Meyers... yes it was the one he was asking$5500 for, and yes I did not pay that much. Feel better now, or is there anything else?

it's got nothing to do with feelings. I was only wondering how much you were able to negotiate the price down and hoping you got a better deal.

I did negotiate the price down, plus so far I've "made" $725 back from selling the audio (sub enclosure/amp) equipment and a few other things. Still have a tonneau, grill and fascia, and drag wheels to sell. Hoping that will put me well over $1K just from the bed-full of stuff he included that I dont want. At least so far the $725 has more than covered hotel and gas for the trip back. The flights were only like $180 so I'm probably close to covering that as well. I'm pretty stoked, plus I got to rip up the East coast in a truck I've missed for almost 20 years.

Yea , these trucks are fun on road trips. Drove mine from NY to Az when I moved out here

Quote Originally Posted by Red barchetta View Post
    Yea , these trucks are fun on road trips. Drove mine from NY to Az when I moved out here
    Sweet! That must have been a beautiful ride. New Mexico and Arizona landscape is so different from what I'm used to in Western NY. Car scene still crazy in AZ? I remember even minivans were lowered and had rims hahaha.

Yea it is. Havnt gone in years. Only car audio meets

Default Update

Well it took me about six months, but I finally got the truck all one color. Found a little rust under the windshield pinch weld so I found a donor cab and welded on a new roof panel. Even got to drive it like twice before the snow and salt!

20210829_101221.jpgRoof1.jpgBlue.jpg

That blue is a striking color. Very nice. Are you the painter ?
    Full coverage sound Deadener-is great while you’re in there .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast