+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 00' Regular Cab

Status

Looks great! good job.
    So the roof skin is single wall in the center? Is it juts glued in the center?

Yup. Spot welded across the windshield and rear window pinch welds, along the cab door opening "drip rails" and up and over each plastic trim piece that runs over the top on each side down to the top corners of the rear window. In the center there is an expandable foam adhesive that fastened the skin to the inner structure.

Thanks Red. The previous owner had the sound deadening already installed... it was solid so I just left it. It's actually plasti-dip grabber blue. But I tore the entire truck apart, addressed any dents/imperfections and shot two coats of SPI epoxy primer on everything inside and out. Haven't really finalized what I want to do with the truck as fat as mods/swaps/etc... so I just wanted to get it solid and stable until I figure out how I want to build it and what color I'll eventually paint it.

Best advertising for plasti dip I’ve ever seen.

You know your way around for body work. You in the profession?

Thanks its actually pretty easy and forgiving once you get the hang of it. Definitely different from shooting enamel or laquer. I figured it was a cool short term option while figuring things out.

Hey arro, thanks! Not a body man, I grew up in the machine shop as a mold maker. I've been welding and machining steel for about 25 years. With a little practice and some screw ups I've been getting better with the body work. Although there are a lot of similarities with what I'm used to, bodywork is a whole different animal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2