+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4bbl M1 question

Default 4bbl M1 question

Is this the M1 intake can HiPoTec can machine to fit our 5.9 (with 2 to 4bbl adapter and no A/C boss)?

http://www.moparonlineperformance.co...p/p5155314.htm

Status
    Blog Entries

I'm interested also. Great find.

Could be. Two questions: 1. With no boss, could the Mopar installation kit allow for a/c as it did for other intakes?
    2. On an efi engine such as the 360 or any derivative there of, will the single plane rob low end torque as it does with a carburetor?

Quote Originally Posted by arro222 View Post
    Could be. Two questions: 1. With no boss, could the Mopar installation kit allow for a/c as it did for other intakes?
    2. On an efi engine such as the 360 or any derivative there of, will the single plane rob low end torque as it does with a carburetor?
    I don't know about fitment, but it would have to be paired with a 408 and the right cam or a really high rpm 360. There is a point where the rear tires will only hold so much low end torque, when you reach that point, you're better to start moving power up higher.

a few things come to mind... one, there's a good chance the picture is incorrect. two, the description says it's for LA engines so the bolt angle is wrong for Magnum engines (and makes the picture wrong). and most important, i'd be shocked if there really is any available stock anywhere, it might even be discontinued.
    1941 Dodge 1/2 ton, 493 twin turbo, EFI, 727, 4 wheel disc brakes, custom triangulated 4 link, DANA 60, Gleason Torsen diff,

2002 Dakota R/T RC, PX8, PPH Headers, K&N FIPK, Hotchkis TVS, 20" R/T chrome rims, BFG G-Force T/A KDW 275/35 ZR20 tires, Kenwood head unit, Kenwood speakers, RF amp, 8" RF Punch Z subs

1998 Dakota RC daily driver 5.9L, AX-15 5 speed, Hooker long tube headers, FRP tune

Status

I'd be shocked if they really have an M1 manifold for Magnum heads.
    M1 2bbl manifolds work GREAT on stock engines, 4bbl not so much, but you'll need to get the PCM flashed for it so it really works, it moves the torque curve up, back in the day it was called an M1 flash from B&G Chrysler, now you can have it done with an SCT.

As said, the description does not match the picture.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Adobedude View Post
    I'd be shocked if they really have an M1 manifold for Magnum heads.
    M1 2bbl manifolds work GREAT on stock engines, 4bbl not so much, but you'll need to get the PCM flashed for it so it really works, it moves the torque curve up, back in the day it was called an M1 flash from B&G Chrysler, now you can have it done with an SCT.

As said, the description does not match the picture.
    I agree, and Moparonline is not a good company to deal with. I have been waiting two weeks for a credit they owe me. There is no number to call them and when I asked for one, they would not provide one. Takes 3 or 4 days for them to answer my emails, I won't order from them again.

Home School Valedictorian

Status

Isn't it the Indy 360?

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Status

Market for a sheet metal mag intake

Quote Originally Posted by niebs View Post
    Market for a sheet metal mag intake
    better idea, modify a torker 2 by adding injector bungs and changing the bolt angle. ... but then there's still the issue of mounting the ac.
    1941 Dodge 1/2 ton, 493 twin turbo, EFI, 727, 4 wheel disc brakes, custom triangulated 4 link, DANA 60, Gleason Torsen diff,

2002 Dakota R/T RC, PX8, PPH Headers, K&N FIPK, Hotchkis TVS, 20" R/T chrome rims, BFG G-Force T/A KDW 275/35 ZR20 tires, Kenwood head unit, Kenwood speakers, RF amp, 8" RF Punch Z subs

1998 Dakota RC daily driver 5.9L, AX-15 5 speed, Hooker long tube headers, FRP tune

Quote Originally Posted by wedged View Post
    better idea, modify a torker 2 by adding injector bungs and changing the bolt angle. ... but then there's still the issue of mounting the ac.
    Torker II, that's old school...these young-ones won't know what that is...lol

Status

lol Just had a torker in my hands over the weekend.

These mags do need better intake choices.

Status

Or a Vic jr ! With a cam, 2500-6500

+ Reply to Thread