+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Powerdyne with tensioner mod

Default Powerdyne with tensioner mod

I have scoured the forums, and the internet in general, along with YouTube videos and it seems like there is no longer any pictures relating to the tensioner mod that was performed to powerdyne superchargers still visible within the post.

Through research I gathered people utilized the OEM tensioner with a shim of sorts and fashioned it to the powerdyne bracket. If anyone out there has a photo of this I would be much appreciative if you could post it or text it to me.

Thanks!

Thomas

Maybe, sandblast the pulley, new tensioner, 928 stiffer belt adjuster and stay with 6-8 lbs of boost.

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...-Belt-slipping
    https://928motorsports.com/parts/belttensioner.php

Hey Mike!

Don't plan on doing anything over 6lbs for sure. Its going on that 408 so I would be surprised if I can even get that out of it. In my research I read a lot about belt slippage and was just trying to avoid having to remove it and modify something, rather by addressing known weak points ahead of time.

I will delve into those threads you linked. I had an extra OEM tensioner lying around, am waiting for some rod bearing to show up and figured I could piddle with this in the meantime!

Also, the all thread with the two turn tie rod ends that was in the kit, I am pretty sure that was an add on to help stiffen the bracket up. If you don't mind, I am going to text you a few pictures of what I am assume the thought was and if you have a chance, could you check in the engine bay to see where the other end may have mounted? Perhaps on a fender well is my guess.

Hows yours coming along, drop the intake off at the powder coater yet?

+ Reply to Thread