+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ABS and Brake light

Status

Default ABS and Brake light

My second attempt to post this ! My ABS and Brake light comes on after heavy to moderate acceleration? It does reset after I stop the engine and start the engine. Any Idea as to what would cause this and what is the fix. Thanks 1999 Dakota RT

Status

After replacing the ABS sensor on the Diff it was fine, but after driving awhile I came across ba more serious issue! It turns out that my Diff was shot! And as the repair guy says, it's about to Ghost on you! Reference the terminology and turns out it was going to really break! So I had a new unit installed, next I had the tranny rebuilt, because the second band was completely metal on metal. Needless to say the truck is running awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Elvbo View Post
    After replacing the ABS sensor on the Diff it was fine, but after driving awhile I came across ba more serious issue! It turns out that my Diff was shot! And as the repair guy says, it's about to Ghost on you! Reference the terminology and turns out it was going to really break! So I had a new unit installed, next I had the tranny rebuilt, because the second band was completely metal on metal. Needless to say the truck is running awesome
    Love good outcomes

Status

Nice. Thanks for posting the fix.

+ Reply to Thread