+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Upper radiator hose

Default Upper radiator hose

I have the 2000 R/T with the dumb ass radiator water inlet built into the hose.. I just ordered a new one piece radiator hose from Rock Auto. It is a cut to fit but the radiator water inlet built into the hose is placed too far back to clear the shaker hood scoop.
    The original has a two piece configuration with the water inlet tied into the hose with two clamps.. Wondering if this was a custom fit job to clear the scoop or an actual Mopar part.

Bought the upper for a 99 R/T as it was one piece. Simply cut it to accept the water inlet fitting.
    Why they just didn't put a cap on the radiator as done in previous years is beyond me.

Status

I never understood the placement of the cap in a radiator hose. Doesn't seem practical. Luckily I have a 99.

Pretty popular in drag racing ,or oddball motor swaps like a small block in an opel by . Theradiator gets tilted on a radical angle . Wouldn’t be able to use a cap on the radiator. Moroso sells a universal aluminum one. It’ll never never break like the plastic ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Red barchetta View Post
    Pretty popular in drag racing ,or oddball motor swaps like a small block in an opel by . Theradiator gets tilted on a radical angle . Wouldn’t be able to use a cap on the radiator. Moroso sells a universal aluminum one. It’ll never never break like the plastic ones.
    Good to know....thanks. The plastic one I took out was puckered and collapsed on one leg.
    I'm familiar with caps in hoses for after fitment engines and radiator placement but I saw no excuse for Chrysler to use this method in the R/T's especially since they put the cap in the radiator on previous models.

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

It also moves the cap to what is pretty much the highest possible point in the system which should​ make bleeding easier.

Status

"should"
    That's how I popped my hood going down the track. I was fucking with it in the staging lanes, track opened up another lane, I dropped the hood, pulled up and saw my truck had cooled down, problem was the clips for the hood pins were in my pocket.
    Get some.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

+ Reply to Thread