+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brake booster ID label

Status

Default Brake booster ID label

Can anyone provide a picture of their original brake booster is they have a 99? I know it's a little odd but I mostly take my 99 to car shows and I'm trying to detail some things under the hood to make it look more original. I'm doing some paint touch and adding some of the missing service and part number decals. I recently had to change the brake booster out and lost my decal off the old booster because someone painted over it. I know someone who will be able to remake the decal like new with a nice close up picture. I know some of the numbers on it would probably be different depending on the specific truck so I assume the 99's as long as it's not 4x4 would at least show the same Bosch name and part number. I'm not sure if the 2000+ would be the same.

Status

Here's a pic of the sticker from my 99RT. Hope it helps.

20210312_143616.jpg

Status

Thanks for posting an example, don't get many responses on all the different places I tried to post. Not a popular truck to restore to this degree. But it looks like I got the top and bottom numbers right on. I was using an almost identical built to mine 99 R/T single cab as reference but I couldn't make out the middle number so it might be wrong. I'm sure that number might have been more specific to the shift or production date of the part anyway. Not much info on the labels on these trucks. I'm just trying to make mine look as original as possible. Doing some under hood detailing and this is kind of a finishing touch. I found a decal maker he was able to remake these out of a picture file from another Dakota I took of in the salvage yard and changed the numbers around to a 99 R/T. So far he's been able to remake the UAW Dodge Ram head door jamb decal I was missing, this brake booster decal, I even had one of the master cylinder bar code. The one's I'm looking most forward to since mine are wiped out are the valve cover ID labels. I know I can still read mine it says 53021 and then 237. The other side valve cover decal is there but completely wiped out so I'm hoping to find an example of that too. Here's the one I got made of the brake booster decal.

P3160002.jpg

+ Reply to Thread