+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's it worth? - AF RC Found

Default What's it worth? - AF RC Found

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while. Life got a bit busy. Hoping to get back into the swing of things and blow some more money on the truck....or future trucks.

Anyways, I was notified about an R/T wanting to be sold soon. I worked at the same company as this guy for a while and he seen my truck in the office lot and we started chatting about the R/T he has.
    His truck is an untouched, completely stock 2000 AF RC R/T with 8000km on the clock. I've seen this truck and it's beautiful. Paint is pristine. No scratches. Never seen snow/rain. Lived it's whole life in a heated garage. Running and driving truck.

Looking at the current market, it's hard to gauge what this truck is worth. Everything I can find is well over the 100,000km mark. He's giving me first dibs on the truck and chances are I'll probably buy it (for the right price).

I just want to know; what in the hell is this truck worth?? what would you guys consider is a good price?
    1998 RC RT Black

Status

At auction they can go close to sticker price. A 98 with really low mileage sold for 22K last year.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)
    00 BLK RC ProCharged -Hotchkis - on and on (Sold)
    01 AF CC (Leased - Turned in)

Status
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)

I'm assuming that this one would be more than $22k, considering it's a later model year and the AF RC had about half the production run in 2000 compared to the Black RC in 98. Plus, $22K USD puts me around the $30k CAD mark.
    1998 RC RT Black

What's AF stand for?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by musky mike View Post
    What's AF stand for?
    Amber Fire colour code
    2003 Dakota R/T CC Flame Red. Bolt ons, Built Trans.
    Dynotune Nitrous Wet system, 100 shot, FRP tuned. (SOLD! Gone but never forgotten)

Acts 2:38

Home School Valedictorian

Status

How much are you willing to spend?

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

The question of "worth" is associated by the majority of buyers to current market standards. In other words "what is something sold or going for elsewhere".
    In reality, this is a superfluous measure and suckers people in to a standard that has not much to do with the individual desires.

The worth of said vehicle (or anything for that matter) should be based on one thing and one thing only...what is its value to you?

I paid $12,800 for my 2000 cc 5 yrs ago with 36K on the odometer. Maybe with another standard, I may have paid too much. I didn't give a shit what other "standards" may have been. I wanted a nice truck that I could hot-rod, pick up and deliver a refrigerator or go and get a bunch of patio blocks. I wanted it to go fast and take it to the drags. This truck was perfect for my desires so I bought it and it made me happy to do so.

I could afford it, (which automatically makes it a "good price") life is shorter than you think, I wanted it...done. i'm happy and I don't give a rats ass what somebody else said "I shoulda paid". Those "somebodies" are not living my life.

Supporting Vendor

Status

The value is really what the market will bear. For instance, I had a 1986 Mustang SVO with only 20,000 miles on it. When I sold it in 2009, after the banks crashed, I could only get $5000 for it. It kind of pissed me off, but I needed the money for the business I had just started. I was also getting stupid low ball offers of between $2000 and $4000. I picked the guy up from the airport who wanted the car for $5000. Then he offers me $4000 for it. I told him he could walk back to the airport. He paid me the $5000 originally agreed upon. A high price will just take longer to sell, but someone will eventually buy it, as long as the price isn’t stupid ridiculous, in their opinion.

I'd be willing to spend around $15k-20k. The ONLY issue, if you want to call it that, is that I would have a very hard time modifying this truck. It would be more of a show piece. No chance would I be wanting to pull the engine or swap it with a high performance 408. I would assume that would just drop the overall worth of the vehicle in the future. But that being said, god damn is this truck beautiful in person!
    1998 RC RT Black

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbcvt View Post
    I'd be willing to spend around $15k-20k. The ONLY issue, if you want to call it that, is that I would have a very hard time modifying this truck. It would be more of a show piece. No chance would I be wanting to pull the engine or swap it with a high performance 408. I would assume that would just drop the overall worth of the vehicle in the future. But that being said, god damn is this truck beautiful in person!
    By current standards, NOT transforming a vehicle from its original format tends to bring higher dollars.

Home School Valedictorian

Status

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbcvt View Post
    If you really want it, begin at $15k and see where it goes. The $22k at BJ, had a seller premium taken from the sales price, then there is the added cost to get a vehicle to BJ, or any auction.

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Does anyone know what this truck actually sold for? The price says "estimate". There is one on eBay that on the dealer website they have listed for $20k, but on Ebay, the highest bid has only been high $6k and hasn't meant the reserve the 3 times I have seen it listed. Just saying, be careful looking at what people want and what they actually sell for.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-Dodge-...p/124609025034

Status

Does anyone know what this truck actually sold for? The price says "estimate". There is one on eBay that on the dealer website they have listed for $20k, but on Ebay, the highest bid has only been high $6k and hasn't meant the reserve the 3 times I have seen it listed. Just saying, be careful looking at what people want and what they actually sell for.

My2000 AF club cab sticker was 26,300,add tax,title,doc fees blah blah blah,you get the picture.

Find out what if any,and how much documentation is available,truly another thing to consider when trying to place a value on something.
    To a true collector,documentation is everything.

I own this exact truck. Best year in my opinion as far as interior goes and doesn't have the paint problems of the 99's. My odometer reads 310K miles. Still drive it everyday. If I were you I'd just ask him what he wants for the truck. If you're okay with the price, then give him the cash. If you're not, then tell him what you'd like to purchase the truck for.

I wouldn't baby this trunk and start acting like it's a show piece that can't get dirty. I'd weld the frame where the C channel and the square channel meet behind the rear tire to keep the frame from rusting out. Then enjoy it. I cut into mine all the time without remorse. Fuck it, it's just a truck. Enjoy it, mod it, kick it sideways in the rain.

eastcoastnationals2003026_s1.jpg

That's the next thing I was going to ask. I know these trucks were plagued with clear coat issues. Dodge actually fixed those for for 2000 model year?

The whole story behind this truck is wild. Some guy bought it brand new, put 8000km on it, then had it stolen. Then it was paid out by insurance. The guy whole stole it ended up in jail and the truck sat in a storage facility where he parked it after he stole it. Then storage facility was being torn down and my friend got a hold of it. Had to jump through so many hoops with the government to get the VIN back in the system and valid to be registered and insured.
    1998 RC RT Black

I wouldn't be worried about the clear coat. I think the 2000 was the best model because the interior was cooler than the 01 model. Although later models had rear discs which was nicer than drums. I think the 00 was it. 99 had clear coat problems and dash cracking problems. Dodge fixed it on the 00. I'd make sure the title isn't going to be a problem before I actually gave them the cash. Get the vin number and talk to the department of motor vehicles before the deal is finalized. Shit, that low of miles I say it's definitely worth 18-20K USD. Like I said, I have 310K miles on mine and it's running nicely. I did need to fix the frame because all the salt damage from all those miles. Took about 1 week to fix it. If I had to do it all over again, I'd weld the seam where the two halves of the frame join together, then POR that bitch with 3 coats. Or some rugged undercoating spray that the paint shops use. Then, your good to go. Took it 200K miles for the frame started to rust and bubble out. Technically you really don't need to tend to this unless you're doing lots of driving on salty roads and even at that rate you still have a long time before you need to mess with it.

IMG_0335[1].jpg

Status

Log in to see results.. When this happened many were watching. Sold for 22K.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)

Status

lol not hard to see why people arent paying 20k for that silver truck especially when compared to the black one. besides the huge mileage difference they are like night and day those people better adjust their price if they want to sell that thing

All Bolt-ons, Heads, Cam, Gears, Stall, Hotchkis, Drag Radials
    365rwhp, 370ft-lbs
    Low 12's @ 110mph

I'm thinking the price should not be much more than $12,000-$15,000 US. the milage is low.. and the color is "rare" aka unpopular during original sales period. I think I got a good deal on the truck below. Not stock, but typical modifications and nothing is hacked or butchered. aside from a few tiny dings it looks almost new inside,outside and underneath. The original plan was to daily drive it and 5 speed swap it... that changed because it's just too nice.

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...k-Regular-Cab)
    1941 Dodge 1/2 ton, 493 twin turbo, EFI, 727, 4 wheel disc brakes, custom triangulated 4 link, DANA 60, Gleason Torsen diff,

2002 Dakota R/T RC, PX8, PPH Headers, K&N FIPK, Hotchkis TVS, 20" R/T chrome rims, BFG G-Force T/A KDW 275/35 ZR20 tires, Kenwood head unit, Kenwood speakers, RF amp, 8" RF Punch Z subs

1998 Dakota RC daily driver 5.9L, AX-15 5 speed, Hooker long tube headers, FRP tune

Quote Originally Posted by Siciliano15 View Post
    lol not hard to see why people arent paying 20k for that silver truck especially when compared to the black one. besides the huge mileage difference they are like night and day those people better adjust their price if they want to sell that thing
    that silver truck is a rusty POS. take a careful look at the pics. in my opinion, the body and appearance modifications turn it into a truck that is no longer an R/T.. no flares, the ground effects, stick on hood scoop, possible quickie repaint, cheap hot air intake, etc..

my red pile of crap RC 5.9L 5 speed swapped 4 cly truck is more "R/T" than that is !
    1941 Dodge 1/2 ton, 493 twin turbo, EFI, 727, 4 wheel disc brakes, custom triangulated 4 link, DANA 60, Gleason Torsen diff,

2002 Dakota R/T RC, PX8, PPH Headers, K&N FIPK, Hotchkis TVS, 20" R/T chrome rims, BFG G-Force T/A KDW 275/35 ZR20 tires, Kenwood head unit, Kenwood speakers, RF amp, 8" RF Punch Z subs

1998 Dakota RC daily driver 5.9L, AX-15 5 speed, Hooker long tube headers, FRP tune

I sent them an email telling them it was over priced, the problems with the truck, what the current market was and they could contact me when it didn't sell if they wanted to negotiate. They didn't contact me and I found a better silver R/T for much less!!!

+ Reply to Thread