+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's an affordable OBD2 scanner that will pickup these transmission codes?

Status

Default What's an affordable OBD2 scanner that will pickup these transmission codes?

My obd2 scanner doesn't pickup when my 99 get's a transmission code. All I've got is a fairly standard Autel scanner from Harborfreight since I don't get a lot of Check Engine codes on my vehicles. It doesn't pickup when there is a transmission code. I don't want spend $1000 just to have it and it probably won't get used much. Is there a cheaper one that does this? I thought I had cured the transmission codes when I had the TCC solenoid replaced a couple months ago. Did that plus the temp sensor and governor sensor with new Mopar stuff. I was having a slow response time upon startup of the Trans Temp and O/D Off light going back and forth. They finally go off but I can tell the way they still go back and forth after all the other bulb checks are done that's something's going to come on while driving. There's probably a code in there. The transmission shifts fine and is strong when driving. It's just always had this back and forth when you startup and it's doing the bulb checks on the dash. Sometimes they would stay on for awhile. I'd like to be able to see what the trans temp is showing if I can find a scanner that would show this that's affordable.

Who did the work on the tranny? You may have a cracked or loose wire going to the position shift sensor. (outside of tranny) The other thing might be the pressure transducer is not plugged in all the way. (inside of tranny)
    One of the first things I did when I got my truck was to replace the stock pan with a pan that had a drain plug.
    I cannot tell you how handy this has come in over the years. It makes tranny work such as replacing sensors or band adjustment relatively simple.....and a lot cleaner.

There are a couple of reasonably priced code readers that will do what you want. One is the Autel (I think the 629 model) and the other is the Ansel FX2000. Both are priced under $160.

I gots to have mo'par-ts!

Status

Not to thread jack, but anyone know of a decent scan tool to set fuel sync with? Is DRB3 the only option? I've seen DRB3 emulators online, was looking to maybe go that route. Might be worth looking into OP for full factory accessability.
    1999 R/T CC Flame Red (what's left of the paint)
    //SHAKER// 408 Forged // TKO600 5spd // Spintech-Mids // HiPoTek 106 LOPEYCAM // FRP Tuned //

Supporting Vendor

Status

Unfortunately, these vehicles don't always throw appropriate codes when something is wrong.

Supporting Vendor

Status

Not to thread jack, but anyone know of a decent scan tool to set fuel sync with? Is DRB3 the only option? I've seen DRB3 emulators online, was looking to maybe go that route. Might be worth looking into OP for full factory accessability.
    The Snap-On MT-2500 will do that and they can now be found for under $200 on ebay. .

+ Reply to Thread