+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hanging idle

Default Hanging idle

Hello,

When the RPMs are returning to idle, for brief moment, they hang right above idle (not noticeable all the time). I added an extra return spring to rule that out, but it didn't change anything. It has a Holley TB (and other mods) and it was Dynoed tuned (the tune is loaded with SCT X3). All the vacuum line and such look good. Do you think it is a problem with the IAC or tune?

Supporting Vendor

Status

Read post 92 in the following link: http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...t=hanging+idle

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    Read post 92 in the following link: http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...t=hanging+idle
    Thank you, I searched "idle problems" and kinda remember reading this, but didn't have the experience to put 2 and 2 togather. I'll follow HiPoTec procedure (post 99) tomorrow and report back.

I gots to have mo'par-ts!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by musky mike View Post
    Thank you, I searched "idle problems" and kinda remember reading this, but didn't have the experience to put 2 and 2 togather. I'll follow HiPoTec procedure (post 99) tomorrow and report back.

Hope you get it tuned up right! The "hipotek procedure" worked well for me
    1999 R/T CC Flame Red (what's left of the paint)
    //SHAKER// 408 Forged // TKO600 5spd // Spintech-Mids // HiPoTek 106 LOPEYCAM // FRP Tuned //

Followed the procedure and when I removed my thumb from the IAC port after adjusting the idle to 650 rpms, the idle went to 2000 rpms and wouldn't come back down.

Status

I would remove the IAC and clean the plunger and seat. Could be hung open. Might be time for a new sensor and clean the TB. Best if you use original Mopar part for sensors.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)
    00 BLK RC ProCharged -Hotchkis - on and on (Sold)
    01 AF CC (Leased - Turned in)

Supporting Vendor

Status

Followed the procedure and when I removed my thumb from the IAC port after adjusting the idle to 650 rpms, the idle went to 2000 rpms and wouldn't come back down.
    Shut the vehicle off. Reset the PCM, open the throttle blades a little more, and try again. It can take several attempts. I had a hard time the first time I went to set the IAC counts. Now it it is a lot easier since I understand what is going on. Most people blame the throttle body for mechanically sticking, but that is typically not what is going on.

+ Reply to Thread