+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 02 Dakota 4.7

Post 02 Dakota 4.7

Hello Everybody - I am new here and wanted to introduce myself. Name is Ed and I homestead in Mesa, AZ and sunny Cali. I have a 2002 Dakota 4.7 with mods. The question I have for everybody is... Do you know of a shop in Mesa, AZ or CA that sells a bolt-on Supercharger and/or Turbo for this Bad Boy? Or, perhaps a Doge Specialty Shop that can install a mild Cam and retune it?

Mods:
    • Dual 3" SS Cat Back
    • Larger Throttle Body
    • K&N Cold Intake
    • Shorty Headers (Federal)
    • Stage 2 Tune
    • Lowered 2"F X 4"B
    • Fox shocks w/Adj rebound
    • Sway-bar(s), 1-1/4"F x 1"B
    • 20" wheels
    • Custom Interior w/Leather seats and carpet kit

I would attach pic's but I don't see a paper-clip to add pic's...
    PHP Code:
    [PHP][PHP][PHP
    [/PHP][/PHP][/PHP]

Status

Welcome!

As far as an actual shop,none that I’m aware of,there is a member that checks in occasionally that has a 4.7 Dakota that he turbocharged himself quite a while back.

Do a search for Duner,super nice guy as well,but dont tell anyone I said so

Status

Specialty shop isnt needed for the installs/ fabrication. However, I would have someone thats familiar with the 4.7 to do the tuning.

-Zen-

Status

The first cam swap I ever did was on my '01 4.7 (just threw in the HO cams at the time). Surprisingly easy job as long as the timing chain tensioners don't ratchet down and ruin your life.

Hey Ed, I have an '01 4.7L with mods. Not familiar with your area so no recommendations on shops. However highly recommend Flyin' Ryan Tuning https://www.frptuning.com/ for your tuning needs.
    As well as Duner for turboing information on 4.7L, Noah Perkins has a great deal of experience with turbocharging 4.7's. Facebook is probably best way to reach him. As for bolt on the only kit I know of was the Kenne Bell supercharger unit which has been discontinued several years back. Occasionally one pops up used for sale. Not very efficient. Nick @ http://www.airram.com/ is your best bet for engine internals.

+ Reply to Thread