+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Single plane magnum intake

Status
    Blog Entries

Default Single plane magnum intake

Is there any [single plane intakes] available for the Dakota 5.9 anywhere ??? All I see are dual plane intakes or Indy intakes , the Indy has the stat hsg. in the center of manifold which won't work with AC. Dual plane hurts hp. with Max Port [PIE.] heads.. Any ideas ?? Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by packard1 View Post
    Is there any [single plane intakes] available for the Dakota 5.9 anywhere ??? All I see are dual plane intakes or Indy intakes , the Indy has the stat hsg. in the center of manifold which won't work with AC. Dual plane hurts hp. with Max Port [PIE.] heads.. Any ideas ?? Thanks again.

Choices for us are on a limited basis as our engines become more and more obsolete.
    Depending on where on the rpm range this hp is added, I don't know if I'd get too concerned otherwise.
    Last edited by arro222; 12-01-2020 at 01:53 AM.

Status
    Blog Entries

Motor is going to make best hp. about 3500-6200 area ,, 247-255 @ .050 with 615 lift. - Maxport heads no push rod hump.. 4.25 stroke..
    That's why i want single plane intake. Thanks for reply.
    If anybody has a manifold for sale pm me.. Thank you.
    Last edited by packard1; 12-04-2020 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by packard1 View Post
    Motor is going to make best hp. about 3500-6200 area ,, 247-255 @ .050 with 615 lift. - Maxport heads no push rod hump.. 4.25 stroke..
    That's why i want single plane intake. Thanks for reply.
    If anybody has a manifold for sale pm me.. Thank you.
    Yeah Pack you have a serious engine there. You need something that flows.

Just a case in point, when tested, the M1 2 brl was just 10 cfm's behind the 4 brl manifold and when ported, flowed over 300 cfm at .600. Whatever intake you get is gonna need some work as your heads are over the 300 cfm range.

I also saw an advertisement that stated Trick Flow was to come out with a small block single plane in the late summer of 2019. Don't know if they ever did.
    Last edited by arro222; 12-04-2020 at 09:10 PM.

Status
    Blog Entries

Trick flow stuff caters to the early LA only, no magnum stuff. Need the offset stat. and Pedi stools for the ac. mounts.. That's why i need the Mopar manifold.
    I have one on my other engine,, hate to rob it but it's a 408 with smaller heads- cam... Just hoping somebody will PM me with manifold for sale...
    Using a 4 barrel EFI throttle body.. 1200 CFM... Thanks for the reply...

Status

I mean you do know that the center T stat only makes you chop off the rear bolt hole of the AC. its not a total loss. the AC compressor can be help on with 3 bolts and be just fine
    99 RT Fully built 365

"Bleach Master"

Status

All you do is cut off one corner mount on the A/C compressor, thats it, then you can run the older style intakes that have magnum mounting bosses. Hipotek sells an Indy intake with machine rails for EFI for $600.
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

"Bleach Master"

Status

"PIE max port heads"
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Status
    Blog Entries

THE PIE MAX PORT HEADS,, there actually ported by Hughes and PIE does the spring-valve set up.. Which i disassembled and looked over his work, was great.. The only problem i had was a wait on valves because of this Covid stuff..
    just looked at manifold on Hipo tech ,,looks like $979.00 WITH fuel rails no hose kit, over $1000.when done.. Better to find an M1 intake ?? Thanks for the input help..
    Last edited by packard1; 12-11-2020 at 01:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread