+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No spark, no start.

Status

Default No spark, no start.

Hey guys, I just picked up a 2001 rt that does not run. First issue, is the IOD fuse (labelled interior lights) is blowing right away. Haven't been able to locate a short at the radio or interior lights, so not sure where else that wire goes.
    Truck still turns over fine, everything else works but the interior lights and DLC port power. I still can read codes with my scanner and get nothing.

I'm getting a pulse at the injectors and can smell fuel.
    I get power, and ground pulse at the coil wires, verified via test light. No spark at the coil or plugs.
    I've tried 3 ignition coils and tested them on my other truck to verify they work.
    Replaced crank and cam sensor with known good ones from my other truck. I still get no spark..

Anyone have any ideas? What am I missing here???
    1999 Soler Yeller Zcode RegCab.
    Shaved
    Dropped
    Manual Swapped

Status

Update: I've got the wiring issues sorted. New coil, crank sensor and cam sensor and pcm from running truck. I get 12v and ground pulse at coil wires. I get pulse at injectors and fuel pressure. I get no pulse once the coil is plugged in. Back probed the wires and pcm is cutting the pulse for some reason. I do get a DTC for temp sensor circuit high and the gauge is maxed out. Even if i unplug the coolant sensor. Would the pcm pull spark if it believes the engine is hot?
    1999 Soler Yeller Zcode RegCab.
    Shaved
    Dropped
    Manual Swapped

Status

I am of no help at all! But, good luck on figgrin it out!
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

-Zen-

Status

Just guessing, and asking questions here, but maybe they lead you down the right path (my Dakota tech memory is getting bad with every day she sits in the garage):

Don't some of the PCMs on these truck have a security feature? - as in if they are not programmed for the dash and/or transmission pcms they lock out ignition? I believe a Dodge dealer has to do this programming for you.

You mentioned a bad/unplugged coolant temp sensor. Obviously replace with a new one when you can, but is there a second temperature sensor somewhere else, like in one of the heads? I believe this one will also kill ignition....or I could be thinking about my Ferd.

I'd check the PCM security thing first. I think it depends on the year. Here's a quick discussion from the other dakota-durango site:
    https://www.dakota-durango.com/threa...ecurity.81231/

+ Reply to Thread