+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Noticing a flutter in the idle when coming to a stop upon warm-up

Status

Default Noticing a flutter in the idle when coming to a stop upon warm-up

So I don't daily drive my R/T and since there's no shows going and hadn't all summer I haven't driven it on any extended trips. I do drive it once or twice a week a good bit after it gets up to operating temperature. Probably a good 10-15 mile total trip. It was a little cooler this evening than it has been for awhile and I've noticed even a few previous times the idle will drop a bit when you stop at a stop sign or light. It's only briefly and it quickly recovers so if you're not paying attention you may miss it but I felt more this evening. No Check Engine, I was a tick before the redline on empty. It seemed to clear up more as it warmed up. It's usually until you drive it for a few miles. What's that a sign of? It's properly tuned, no codes, all stock except for the Superchips Flashpaq 87 Octane Tune.

-Zen-

Status

Same thing my iac did when i stopped daily driving it. Quick and easy to check and change.

Status

Still have the keg intake? That is a tell-tale sign of a bad plenum gasket. Could also be sticky or worn out IAC valve.
    1999 Soler Yeller Zcode RegCab.
    Shaved
    Dropped
    Manual Swapped

+ Reply to Thread