+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bottle size

Default bottle size

Anyone know the dimensions of a 15 lb nitrous bottle?

Status

Roughly 6 7/8" diameter and 26 5/8" tall

Quote Originally Posted by niebs View Post
    Roughly 6 7/8" diameter and 26 5/8" tall
    Thanks niebs. That's a big sucker.

Status

yeah a 15lb is very large. How big of a shot were you planning on using? Plus side of the 15lb bottle is more stable pressure thru out the run. and of course it holds more nitrous. Down side is that its heavy and large.
    Smaller shot stuff. I would probably use a 10lb. and have a full extra for a fresh bottle.
    Though a full back bottle is recommended either way.

yeah a 15lb is very large. How big of a shot were you planning on using? Plus side of the 15lb bottle is more stable pressure thru out the run. and of course it holds more nitrous. Down side is that its heavy and large.
    Smaller shot stuff. I would probably use a 10lb. and have a full extra for a fresh bottle.
    Though a full back bottle is recommended either way.
    150 at the most. I'd like enough for 6 or 7 runs without having to change a bottle.
    I want to "hide" all of the nitrous elements so no one (especially law enforcement) is none the wiser.
    Pressure gauge I can disguise with the combination wide band/pressure gauge that is already on my steering column.
    I have to figure where to put switches for remote opener, warmer, arming and purge so they are invisible.

Man, had i known I would be going in this direction when all the logic hit me, I would have bought all of your nitrous shit.

I got to this decision thusly: 1. I really like my shaker hood that came w the truck
    2. A Procharger is costing over 5 large and i'd have to do away with the hood scoop.
    3. I don't need all of that extra cylinder pressure just tooling around town that a centrifugal provides
    4. The money I don't spend on a s/c i can put toward a Martin Seine tranny along with the nitrous.
    5. This is just for track fun and for all the unaware people thinking "hey, I thought R/T's were slow".

Now here's another question. I have a tonneau cover over the rear bed that will cover the box I make for the bottle. Can I run the purge line into the back of the covered pick up bed or is that shit caustic or something?

Status

Its not caustic. It has an added ingredient (sulfur i believe) to keep people from inhaling it to get high. Dental grade nitrous does not. But other than being very cold coming out of the purge line, its literally just nitrogen and oxygen
    2003 Dakota R/T CC Flame Red. Bolt ons, Built Trans.
    Dynotune Nitrous Wet system, 100 shot, FRP tuned. (SOLD! Gone but never forgotten)

Acts 2:38

Quote Originally Posted by SPelf View Post
    Its not caustic. It has an added ingredient (sulfur i believe) to keep people from inhaling it to get high. Dental grade nitrous does not. But other than being very cold coming out of the purge line, its literally just nitrogen and oxygen
    OK thanks. I hope it doesn't stink.
    Do you have the square bore Dynotune kit? Anyone know if the Air Gasp intake is considered as such?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by arro222 View Post
    OK thanks. I hope it doesn't stink.
    Do you have the square bore Dynotune kit? Anyone know if the Air Gasp intake is considered as such?
    No , I have a single nozzle kit. I *think the air gap is normal 4barrel bolt pattern so the plate kit should work? Dynotune has KILLER customer service, you can call them up and im sure they could answer that
    Dynotune Nitrous Wet system, 100 shot, FRP tuned. (SOLD! Gone but never forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by SPelf View Post
    No , I have a single nozzle kit. I *think the air gap is normal 4barrel bolt pattern so the plate kit should work? Dynotune has KILLER customer service, you can call them up and im sure they could answer that
    They do have some reasonably priced nitrous stuff that I hope is made within our country and is not so cheap because it's coming from China.
    Ever get a time slip on your ride with the nitrous shot?

Status

hiding the nitrous purge is ok for grudge racing but being able to see the purge plume will help show you what the atmosphere is like and will help you decide in the tune up.

hiding the nitrous purge is ok for grudge racing but being able to see the purge plume will help show you what the atmosphere is like and will help you decide in the tune up.
    You're a funny guy niebs.
    Last edited by arro222; 11-08-2020 at 09:17 PM.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by arro222 View Post
    They do have some reasonably priced nitrous stuff that I hope is made within our country and is not so cheap because it's coming from China.
    Ever get a time slip on your ride with the nitrous shot?
    Last outing got one run in, and i spun so bad i never sprayed. 2.5 60ft. It was soooo bad. But most recent full run was 8.90 at 79.5. That was on street tires, full weight, with 100lbs of tools in the back seat.

+ Reply to Thread