Hey all,

I've been away for a while and found my way back. I don't mean that I was "away" as in prison, just away from the forum. All the usual reasons, I'm sure. Working on the house, work got crazy, COVID sucks and many other things kept me from visiting regularly. I've poked around a bit and it seems like some of the folks are still around and a crop of new folks have found knowledge here. To those I haven't seen in a while - Hello again! To everyone else - just hello!

I still have my 01 CC RT. I can't recall how long I've been gone, but it got a new paint job in Viper Red and some new tires, but otherwise, it is still all original. about to hit 140K miles, though to be fair, I think I drive it about 2,000 miles a year at most. That is going to change soon though. It is finally time to get some new parts.

I know how cliche it is to hop back on a forum after a long break and ask for help, so I did a bunch of searching already and I have some of the info I need, but it is time to reach out to the vast knowledge here to get the better details. Here is the plan:

I am going to rebuild the entire front suspension and steering, replace all the rubber bushing front to back, plus body and motor mounts. Basically, I need to make sure this truck is safe for my wife and I to drive. Ball joints, wheel bearings, control arm bushings, steering R&P, and anything else I can find. My goal is to keep everything as similar to factory as I can reasonably achieve, upgrading where appropriate. I am not trying to keep this truck 100% authentic, nor make it a true show truck. I want a well built, long lasting, dependable truck. I don't want to lower it any more than stock and don't want to lift it either. I might like the wheel gap a tiny bit smaller, but I have a very steep driveway and the exhaust tip already scrapes with a couple hundred pounds in the bed, so I can't really go any lower.

The long term goal is to eventually pull the motor and transmission and do a mild build (reliability will be goal 1, power goal 2), but that is likely over a year away.

With all that said - where does everyone go for NOS parts? I know all the usual spots (Amazon, Rock Auto, NAPA etc) - what I'm wondering is, is there a warehouse somewhere with a boatload of NOS parts that you all pick from? On some of my other project cars, there have been specialty groups that have amazing selections of stuff all the way back to the 50s, but I have not found a solid place for Dakota stuff.

Other needs:
1. link to online repair / parts manual so I can identify all the bits I need to get?
2. suggestions on specific parts to 'upgrade' rather than just replace
3. advise on things like - definitely better to just replace the wheel bearings rather than buy the whole hub because all the replacement hubs are crap
4. avoid "xx brand ball joints" due to common failures

The hardest things to find so far are the RT specific parts - most notably sway bar bushings. I can't find the correct part number for the larger sway bar anywhere. If anyone has that, I'd appreciate it.

As I am fully aware how rude it is to just come back and ask for all this help, I am happy to make a donation to the site as a way of apologizing to all for my misgivings of being away so long and coming back in this fashion. Back in the day I used to sponsor a membership for a veteran. If there is one that needs a hand, someone quietly let me know and I'll take care of membership dues for a year for that person. I'm clearly out of touch with the forum, so I might be way out in left field but I'll do what I can to help.

As always - your assistance and feedback is most appreciated. Hope you are all well. IMG_4574.jpg