+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1999 R/T Reman Trans

Status

Default 1999 R/T Reman Trans

Does anyone have any experience with purchasing a reman trans from autozone? They offer reman trans from 2 different companies, National Trans and All Trans. Both come with a converter and a cooler. The price is decent, about $1600, plus I can get a 20% discount due to the fact my wife is an employee. My truck is totally stock, no mods. I really don't need an expensive "built" transmission. I have check several transmission shops and the cost to rebuild is $2400 and up. I have also check with several Dodge Dealer parts depts. and they all say that the trans I need has been discontinued.
    If any of you guys have actually purchased a reman trans from autozone I would like to know how it worked out for you. Thanks !!!

Status

They have original dodge transmissions in surplus out west somewhere, part number shows they have over 1000 still last i checked (last year). They are $1000 shipped to your local dealership. Just change out some seals from sitting and boom, new trans not reman.

Now, with it being a 1999, i think there is a sensor difference? Someone else can chime in that knows way more than me.

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showth...000-from-Dodge
    2003 Dakota R/T CC Flame Red. Bolt ons, Built Trans.
    Dynotune Nitrous Wet system, 100 shot, FRP tuned. (SOLD! Gone but never forgotten)

Acts 2:38

Status

The stock replacement Mopar trans for the 1999 R/T was discontinued in July of 2017. My local Dodge parts guy did a nationwide search and said none were available.

Status

Yeah, I know the 99 trans was discontinued, but Dodge has like a thousand 2000-2003 46re's sitting in storage in Minneapolis I believe. Mopar doesnt make them, but they have a bunch they already made selling cheap
    2003 Dakota R/T CC Flame Red. Bolt ons, Built Trans.
    Dynotune Nitrous Wet system, 100 shot, FRP tuned. (SOLD! Gone but never forgotten)

Acts 2:38

+ Reply to Thread