+ Reply to Thread

Thread: super stock hemi scoop....

Default super stock hemi scoop....

dakotascoop.jpg
    anyone else do this over this years? any tips?

I was around the Sox & Martin super stockers. They had fiberglass hoods. They fastened theirs with bolts every 5 " and also used epoxy resin to get an even bond along its entire edge.

Status

I can tell you this much. if that is a fiberglass scoop you will never get it to no start cracking where you blend it into the metal hood. it is due to the fact the hood gets hot and expands and contracts at a different rate then the fiberglass. The best way to do it is to just take like washer fluid line and cut a slit into it. put it on the edge of the scoop and bolt the scoop down with a few bolts. no this will require you to cut the scoop to match the contour of the hood so there are no gaps but thats the best way.
    99 RT Fully built 365

Status
    Blog Entries

THE FIBERGLASS PLACE IN TITUSVILLE ,, has some great hoods for our Dakotas.. Plus close to you..

Quote Originally Posted by packard1 View Post
    THE FIBERGLASS PLACE IN TITUSVILLE ,, has some great hoods for our Dakotas.. Plus close to you..
    whats the name of this place?

Status
    Blog Entries

AAR FIBERGLASS , [ Titusville]THINK NAME CHANGED BUT STILL LISTED UNDER AAR FIBERGLASS. I bought a 3 in. cowl hood from them that's beyond perfect plus you need no hood pins.. Ask him for best price and you can pick it up.. I can't say enough nice about my hood. My friend buys scoops-other Mopar parts from him..
    All are top quality..

Quote Originally Posted by packard1 View Post
    AAR FIBERGLASS , [ Titusville]THINK NAME CHANGED BUT STILL LISTED UNDER AAR FIBERGLASS. I bought a 3 in. cowl hood from them that's beyond perfect plus you need no hood pins.. Ask him for best price and you can pick it up.. I can't say enough nice about my hood. My friend buys scoops-other Mopar parts from him..
    All are top quality..
    awesome thanks!

+ Reply to Thread