+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: '00 Black Reg Cab

-Zen-

Status

Default '00 Black Reg Cab

(Pics added... let me know if trouble seeing)

Gents,

I'm tossing around the idea of selling my R/T.
    Why? = I currently have two reg cab trucks, and just became a father to a beautiful little girl, so I need a few more doors to make life easy. Also just bought a new 4dr daily, so need to get rid of one of the 'toys'. I don't need to sell it, and I don't want to sell it. It's the truck I drooled over as a teenager, and promised myself I would get one day. I'm actively trying to sell my other truck (F150), so it's a which ever sells first scenario. Sux, but that's life.

I will post pics soon, just don't have any handy at the moment, so use your imagination for now.

Details:

2000 Dakota R/T, black regular cab with 93k miles - need I say more?
    Clean title, no wrecks, I acquired her in 2015 at 80k miles.
    Clear coat is pretty much gone, so the truck is flat black looking color. The hood is rust colored (was a primered black replacement I got as the original was looking horrible, but then I never painted it, drove it like that.... nicknamed her 'Patina').
    Truck runs and drives, but A/C is blowing hot and compressor is clicking when you turn it on. I had the AC recharged 5yrs ago when I got it, and it blew cold until about a month ago. I would like to think it just needs another recharge.
    Interior is in great shape, all stock inside, but the fabric on the arm rests is ever so slightly faded from the sun - barely noticeable.
    Has an aftermarket cd player, but other stock inside. Windows, locks, lights, everything inside (not the AC obviously) works.
    Exterior is totally stock, except for a knock-off chinese factory hood replacement covered in surface rust (truck comes with a Reflexxxions steel cowl hood though).
    Stock wheels in good condition.
    She drives straight, no shimmys/vibrations, but I noticed recently the driver front tire has outside wear, so she'll need an alignment shortly.

New'ish parts / repairs I've done since I bought her:

Rebuilt transmission - (have receipt)(5yrs ago). I bought the truck with 80k miles, trans rebuilt the week I bought it, and currently has 93k'ish miles on it. I will say that lately on a cold start (after a day or so) there is a shudder coming from the transmission that lasts until it has warmed up. I check the fluid regularly, it looks and smells clean. Rarely a CEL for some irregularity in a shift solenoid or something pops up, then goes away. I never beat on the truck, but it's something worth having looked at. Does not affect the performance, most people wouldn't notice it if I didn't mention it, and I'm just being honest. Also had fresh diff oil added at same time.
    New Radiator and clutch fan - original radiator sprung a leak, replaced with aftermarket, and does just fine.
    New passenger side window regulator.
    New front brakes/rotors, and wheel bearings (3-4yrs ago).
    IAC - just did this last week.
    I replaced all the plugs, and wires when I bought her (5yrs ago)
    Headlights and fogs, all work.

What she needs:
    Power Steering pump - I replaced the original maybe a year ago with an aftermarket one. Aftermarket started leaking between the reservoir and pump (one of the all in one types). This is the worst problem (IMO) right now, as it will drain the reservoir in about a day. I basically top it off whenever I need to use it. Power steering works fine, no issues, other than that leak. Not hard to fix, but I haven't found the time. This is the ONLY leak she has.
    AC Recharged of fixed - like I said, it's currently blowing cold, but was working fine for nearly 5yrs up until about a month ago. Pretty sure a recharge will get you going again. I'm a windows down kinda guy so it never bothered me much, but a little baby, I needs the AC.
    Headliner is dirty around windows, no sagging, just needs a clean imo.

Mods:
    Mopar Perf PCM (Original PCM goes with truck)
    Mopar Round Air cleaner (truck had weird intake 'tube' on it that didn't fit, this is the nice round cast Mopar piece that sits ontop sucking in hot air.... it looks good)
    F&B TB - I forget the size, but it has the purple blades. Was on truck when I got it.

Extra Parts you get:
    Reflexxxions steel cowl hood - two flaws on this hood, a very small ding at one of the corners (stored standing up for a long time, very fixable, hardly noticeable), and a very small dent on the side of the cowl. Most people won't notice these flaws, but I'm being honest. Still a sexy hood that needs to be put on. I've oddly owned 4 of them over the years (went through 3 of them on my old '01,,,long story), but great fitting hoods if you're not familiar.
    M1 2bbl intake manifold - yes the rare beast everyone wants, and charges crazy prices for. I bought this from a member here and had every intention of installing it,,,but,,,,LIFE.... It comes with the factory gaskets and most of the install kit except for some of the spacers (fuel rail I think?). For the record the belly pan gasket is still good, I look down the TB and see NO oil. Truck does not smoke.
    Hotchkis Front lowering springs - new in box (box looks like crap though as it's old). Don't have the rear leafs though.
    Box of misc parts - I don't recall, but I've got a little box of knick knacks that goes with the truck, nothing noteworthy that I can recall.

For the most part the truck is stock down to the tail pipe, a decent survivor sans the paint. Windows are tinted, and it has the factory rubber bed mat. Stock size tires in good condition except for front left, but still plenty of life left in it.
    Again, this is the truck I don't want to sell - so I have no problem telling you all the problems and little things.
    Not interested in opinions, just interested parties. Reply here or send a message, I try to get on here once a day or so.

I purchased the truck directly from the original owner - non smoker, regular sized dude like me.
    Truck has spent it's entire life right here in south Florida - only rust is on the hood, rest of the truck/body/frame is clean.
    I've driven across the state a few times and would do it again, I trust the truck to go anywhere.
    Currently I take her out and drive once every week or so for a couple days to keep the juices moving, otherwise she lives in the garage.
    No CELs other than the occasional one for transmission that comes and goes (rarely). Again, she drives great.
    Not that's important, but she's my second Dakota. I had an '01 4.7L I bought new, and did cams/head work on. I love these trucks, and if she sells I'll be buying another one eventually.

Hit me up with questions, and sorry for the long post with no pics. I'll do my best to post some pics asap, just too busy right now.

FEELER PRICE = $3500 and that includes all the parts.
    $3000 with NO parts.
    Last edited by ZenDak; 08-16-2020 at 02:12 PM.

Status

Is it possible to get some photos of the truck up on here. I think that would help you out
    99 RT Fully built 365

-Zen-

Status
    Last edited by ZenDak; 08-16-2020 at 12:45 AM.

-Zen-

Status

A few pics added, taken today. She's been in the garage since hurricane isasaisasas blew threw. Fired up and drove fine. The driveway stains are from my Ferd. Again Dak is leaking power steering like a mofo, but I didn't want someone thinking they were from the RT.

Additional things I forgot:
    No heat! Orig owner said heater core leaked early on in life, so it's bypassed. Guess how many times I missed it in South Florida...

Truck comes with 2 original keys and 2 original fobs. One set I'm pretty sure has never been used.

For those who reached to me this week I apologize for my lack of response. Been a crazy week.

20200815_211737.jpg
    20200815_211802.jpg
    20200815_145641.jpg
    20200815_145744.jpg
    20200815_145917.jpg
    20200815_145823.jpg
    20200815_145828.jpg
    20200815_145729.jpg
    Last edited by ZenDak; 08-16-2020 at 01:23 AM.

-Zen-

Status

Few things extra i found that will be included:
    Original inside hood light (the gravity slide crappy style that get stuck on).
    Dakota RT garage banner (black/gray) from this site.
    1 good RT wheel center cap.
    Original headlights (crusty).
    Some weird air intake tube that didn't really fit (when i bought it).
    Roll pan - steel, not sir micheals, but looks like it with an offset lic frame. It's up on shelf, i really don't feel like getting it down. Pretty sure it has a little surface rust by now as i got it 4ish yrs ago i think. Think it was like 100 off ebay at the time. NIB for what it's worth.
    3D flat black R/T emblems, new, adhesive type.
    .... probably more...

-Zen-

Status

Could a mod please move to this to the for sale section?

DAKRT56

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ZenDak View Post
    Could a mod please move to this to the for sale section?
    Good to go Hope the F150 sells first lol. Congrats on the new addition!

Steve - 1999 Flame Red RC R/T-56
    Comp Cams | F&B | Mopar | Spintech | SCT | Hotchkis

-Zen-

Status

Thank you sir!
    Hoping the Ford finds a new home too. If anyone's looking for a '01 F150 rcsb V6 5spd with 187k miles, Ill make ya a good deal.

Otherwise, I got this nice RT, with a small pile of parts...

-Zen-

Status

Might have a buyer for the FERD!
    Will find out this afternoon, which means, this for sale ad could be closing soon.
    SO, in the unlikely event someone is really interested please hit me up quick.
    Otherwise I might finally install the M1...

(just realized the pictures only show up if you're logged in)

-Zen-

Status

Ferd is sold!.... my boss bought it as a shop truck.
    Since she'll be available to me to use, I've decided to keep the RT up for sale, BUT ONLY on this website (mostly cause I'm lazy, and not really wanting/needing to sell it).
    So no rush, if any fellow members are interested just hit me up. I'll try to check in on the regular.

...money for old Ferd = new intercooler for new Ferd.

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

Too bad you're so far away lol. Maybe if you still wanna sell it next fall, was planning on coming down to Miami for the Dolphins/Panthers game anyway...

-Zen-

Status

Bit of a drive indeed, but ya man, just hmu when passing through!

Status

-Zen-

Status

Haven't driven her in a month, and the sun is out.
    What say ye battery tender?!?!
    Shall we ride?....

......we did.
    Last edited by ZenDak; 10-19-2020 at 08:45 PM.

-Zen-

Status

Fired her up for the first time in 3 months and let her reach operating temp yesterday.
    Half the garage is piled up in the bed at the moment so no joy ride this time.
    Truck's still available if anyone is serious.

Status

My truck knows all about being used as storage

Status

Still tempted, but won't be down there until September/October/November/December (NFL schedule won't be released until May-ish).

Status
    Blog Entries

I'm interested in buying your manifold 2bbl. alum. Thank you. 407-4173697

Status

Any plans for the Dak now that your other sold?
    2003 Dakota R/T CC Flame Red. Bolt ons, Built Trans.
    Dynotune Nitrous Wet system, 100 shot, FRP tuned. (SOLD! Gone but never forgotten)

Acts 2:38

-Zen-

Status

Quote Originally Posted by nitroram33 View Post
    Still tempted, but won't be down there until September/October/November/December (NFL schedule won't be released until May-ish).
    Stay tempted, and come on down!

I fire her up weekly, but she hasn't moved in a few months. My daughter loves to sit inside and 'drive' and beep the horn.
    If/When I ever get time, I'm slapping the cowl hood, roll pan, and M1 on. Maybe some exhaust. Problem is time. I'd hate for her to sit around not being driven, which is why she's for sale.
    Probably won't be selling the parts separately, but I'm keeping track of who's asked and will do my best to respect that order (should that time come).
    Would much prefer to sell truck and parts together, and since I'm in no rush I'm ok waiting at this point.

Happy to answer any questions, and get more pictures if someone needs.

Status

-Zen-

Status

Just a little bumparoo. Fired her up this weekend again.
    Still available if anyone is interested.
    Just paid and put a new registration on a truck I almost haven't driven since the last sticker........

Status

Would love too, but I've spent about 5 grand moving dirt around this month so I'm not sure how much I'm gonna have left when it comes time to head south at the end of November lol.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ZenDak View Post
    Just a little bumparoo. Fired her up this weekend again.
    Still available if anyone is interested.
    Just paid and put a new registration on a truck I almost haven't driven since the last sticker........
    Just sent you a PM.

Had a red one 14-15yrs ago and miss it.

Dakota RT.jpg

-Zen-

Status

Quote Originally Posted by nitroram33 View Post
    Would love too, but I've spent about 5 grand moving dirt around this month so I'm not sure how much I'm gonna have left when it comes time to head south at the end of November lol.
    No problem, I understand how it is.
    Myself, just last week, I had to put down my best little buddy of 15yrs. Ran up a bill more than what I'm asking for the truck.....
    Found this picture of him in the truck watching me fix a window regulator. He was awesome, the best, and will be forever missed. Love you Charlie:
    CharlieRT.jpg

I've been bad about messages, and just sent a few replies out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast