+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 20" replica R/T wheel 7 1/8" center caps

Default 20" replica R/T wheel 7 1/8" center caps

Does anyone need center caps for their 20" R/T replica wheels. I am having some 3D printed for me.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HEMIDakota View Post
    Does anyone need center caps for their 20" R/T replica wheels. I am having some 3D printed for me.
    Nice!
    Surprised no one has done this prior.I realize those that want/need chrome is a whole other issue,but I’m sure someone could figure that out as well.

Indeed a great idea. Chrome should be no problem as it would probably go on like a vinyl "skin wrap". I'd love to get a couple chrome replicas printed for the 17" wheel.

Home School Valedictorian

Status

There are companies that can "chrome" plastics.

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Home School Valedictorian

Status

Quote Originally Posted by arro222 View Post
    Indeed a great idea. Chrome should be no problem as it would probably go on like a vinyl "skin wrap". I'd love to get a couple chrome replicas printed for the 17" wheel.
    I'd be interested in a couple myself, if they were reasonably priced.

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Quote Originally Posted by 9t9-5.2 View Post
    There are companies that can "chrome" plastics.
    This is also true. The "chrome" plastic pieces on my Yamaha motorcycle were of great quality. Just a matter of finding a shop that can do this reasonably. If after all is said and done and we're still approaching the $50 mark for one, might as well stick with eBay.

Accumulating parts...

Status

For clarification, a 7-1/8” cap would be for the oversized replica cap design.
    If you can get pricing, definitely post this up on the Dakota Facebook groups too (if you’re looking to make some money for your efforts with these).
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

Status

For the larger cap I have already drawn it up on Auto Cad. Just need to call a company to print them. If you havnt already paid someone to draw them in CAD for you yet
    99 RT Fully built 365

How much do you want for the Auto Cad files?

Status

How much do you want for the Auto Cad files?
    That I do not know if i want to give up. Just spent a good amount of time getting all the measurements and stuff correct. I'm ok with getting them printed for you. Just need to get the hook on a good company to print them.
    99 RT Fully built 365

I am in contact with three companies about it. I am waiting on their replies. They have indicated they will hold the cad files under the dakotart name and allow member to have caps made as they need them. I'll let you know what I find out.

All of the companies I have had contact with, want to see the Auto Cad files before they will quote or commit to the project. Should I just get a 3D printer and keep this in house or do you want to send them your Auto Cad files?

Status

All of the companies I have had contact with, want to see the Auto Cad files before they will quote or commit to the project. Should I just get a 3D printer and keep this in house or do you want to send them your Auto Cad files?
    I can tell you how much filament it will take to print and how much time. that should net you a quote. if not the company is not very good lol
    99 RT Fully built 365

Labor of love

Status

I will buy 4 right now message me a price.
    98 Dakota R/T DA brought back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by arro222 View Post
    It's been about 6 months, but last time I checked they were still available new.
    1941 Dodge 1/2 ton, 493 twin turbo, EFI, 727, 4 wheel disc brakes, custom triangulated 4 link, DANA 60, Gleason Torsen diff,

2002 Dakota R/T RC, PX8, PPH Headers, K&N FIPK, Hotchkis TVS, 20" R/T chrome rims, BFG G-Force T/A KDW 275/35 ZR20 tires, Kenwood head unit, Kenwood speakers, RF amp, 8" RF Punch Z subs

1998 Dakota RC daily driver 5.9L, AX-15 5 speed, Hooker long tube headers, FRP tune

+ Reply to Thread