+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CAMS - for 4.250 stroker

Status
    Blog Entries

Default CAMS - for 4.250 stroker

How do Hughes cams compare to comp. cams ?? note- Hughes does mark cams in book if new core. all there bigger cams are new cores..
    [Was told]. Heard Hughes has a more aggressive lobe ??

Status

Years ago I bought a cam from Hughes and was charged for a "new" cam. When I had issues with the motor, I took the cam out and sent it to another cam manufacturer, where I was told the cam was a regrind and off spec from the cam card. I wouldn't give Dave Hughes a penny for any of the stuff he sells. Not trust worthy. My opinion only.
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

Quote Originally Posted by packard1 View Post
    How do Hughes cams compare to comp. cams ?? note- Hughes does mark cams in book if new core. all there bigger cams are new cores..
    [Was told]. Heard Hughes has a more aggressive lobe ??
    Depends what is being meant by "aggressive lobes". If we're talking ramp profiles and not lifts, Comp will design any ramp speed (as well as any lift) you like and within the last few years, have made a more aggressive ramp with even their shelf stuff.

Status

If iirc I think hughes gets all its cores from Comp Cams or something like that. Just give Comp Cams a call and tell them what your trying to do. because based off of how high you want to rev it and what power adder you intend to use will determine a lot about what your looking for. Another good cam company is Lunati Cams. They built me my Billet camshaft for my 365 turbo build
    99 RT Fully built 365

want more inchs STROKE IT

Status

Remember
    Higher and sharper the cam lobe
    Higher spring pressure to keep lifters
    On the lobe.
    More adjusting valves, rougher on valve train

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.47@105 1.37 60’ 10.23@131

Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

Status
    Blog Entries

Taking 2 months to get my cam from comp. cams ,,core not available. . lift 615, 247 - 255 duration short snout cam.. plus 3 months for pistons from Wiseco ..

Status

Quote Originally Posted by packard1 View Post
    Taking 2 months to get my cam from comp. cams ,,core not available. . lift 615, 247 - 255 duration short snout cam.. plus 3 months for pistons from Wiseco ..
    Did you call Lunati Cams? They may have a shorter wait time on that. and you will still need the cam washer from hughes.
    99 RT Fully built 365

+ Reply to Thread