+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there any trick to installing the a/c accumulator on?

Status

Default Is there any trick to installing the a/c accumulator on?

I've got everything installed on my new a/c system for my 99 except I'm not confident the accumulator is snapped in place. I've pushed on it as hard as I can without tearing up the evaporator tubes, at least I hope I didn't. I didn't hear the positive click like on the other lines. I used a good amount of oil on the o-rings and even inside the tube. But although it takes some pulling I can still pull the new accumulator out without using the tool. I wanted to test to make sure it was installed. I remember it was hard the last time I replaced it. I can't seem to make it go back any further onto the tube. It doesn't help there's no room to work with since it's so close to the firewall. I did install the clip over it. Since it's low pressure will that be enough to keep it from popping off once it's charged? I did vacuum it down for 30-40 minutes and let it sit for another 30-40 minutes to leak check. The needle didn't move at all to indicate a leak. Is there any trick or anything to get it to snap into place?

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

When I replaced the heater and EVAP cores in a friend's truck the aftermarket EVAP core refused to let the the accumulator click into place. I wound up having to, with a bit of redneck engineering, flare out the EVAP core tube with an 3/8" extension that just happened to be the right size. Turns out the ID of the EVAP core wasn't the same for it's entire length and and it was stopping it from fitting properly...

+ Reply to Thread