+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you think my truck will run?

Status

Default What do you think my truck will run?

Currently installing a dynotune wet kit, bottle warmer/purge/switch, the whole 9. Waiting on a nitrous tune from Ryan. Swithing to colder plugs tomorrow.

My question is, with my current set up, ive ran a best of 9.6xx in the 8th. What do you think I would pick up with a 75shot? Would a 100 shot make much more of a e.t difference? Id rather conserve spray if an extra 25hp in jetting is going to return marginal gains, I gotta make my bottles last as the nearest fill station is 2hrs away.....

CAI
    52mm throttle body
    Shorties
    3in catless Y to axle dump
    Built trans/shift kit
    255 street tires
    2003 Dakota R/T CC Flame Red. Bolt ons, Built Trans.
    Dynotune Nitrous Wet system, 100 shot, FRP tuned. (SOLD! Gone but never forgotten)

Acts 2:38

Status

Pick up another bottle. Whats the point of spraying for power, if youre holding back bc you dont want to use it
    You dont have to go to a speed shop, gas supply or welding supply places have it as well.

Status

Thing is, the ones around me wont fill small personal tanks because they claim they dont sell "dirty" nitrous, only medical grade.
    Dynotune Nitrous Wet system, 100 shot, FRP tuned. (SOLD! Gone but never forgotten)

Status

I run a 150 shot on the street and its held up well but any more then that I would or should change the rings , I would guess I get about 15 good 12 second blasts out of the 15 lbs tank the rest goes out in purging . I only purge when the tanks been turned off just to prime. If your running a heater your going to have to purge off pressure and will need a gauge in the cab. Purging is a waste really because it doesn't go through the jet basically it's an open line. I don't have time slips but I'm guessing about .40 gain on the 150 jets and I should be around 12.00 on the slicks ( on the street with crappy roads) I have a local parts store fill my tank at 100$ a shot so I race for refills lol

Status

The same truck goes to the dentist office as the parts store to fill the bulk tanks what they do after the bulk tank as far as filtering I'm not sure. I've never seen dirty nitrous lol

Quote Originally Posted by SPelf View Post
    Currently installing a dynotune wet kit, bottle warmer/purge/switch, the whole 9. Waiting on a nitrous tune from Ryan. Swithing to colder plugs tomorrow.

My question is, with my current set up, ive ran a best of 9.6xx in the 8th. What do you think I would pick up with a 75shot? Would a 100 shot make much more of a e.t difference? Id rather conserve spray if an extra 25hp in jetting is going to return marginal gains, I gotta make my bottles last as the nearest fill station is 2hrs away.....

CAI
    52mm throttle body
    Shorties
    3in catless Y to axle dump
    Built trans/shift kit
    255 street tires
    Around 14.3-14.5 I'm guessing. Your truck weighs about 4300 with you in it. If you started with 240-250 hp, you may have picked up 10-15 hp more with your mods so lets say you have 335-340 at the fly wheel w 75 nitrous shot. Your traction may be a compromise. With just some chassis work and slicks, you may pick up at least .3.
    Figure a tenth for every 10-15 hp so a 100 shot should net you around .25 better time in the quarter over the 75 shot.

Status

I think I can get a 12.00 lol. But i may not be stock and 4.56 gears and traction make it seem quicker then it is I guess. I'm running 110 mph in the marked 1/4 with 29.5 tall tires. I could be wrong but I'm guessing 12s lol

Status

So with my 9.6 in the 8th now, converted to approximate 1/4 would be 14.90s, a 100 shot would only be worth .6 secs of the e.t.?

Quote Originally Posted by SPelf View Post
    So with my 9.6 in the 8th now, converted to approximate 1/4 would be 14.90s, a 100 shot would only be worth .6 secs of the e.t.?
    Conversion tables are hit or miss. They may ball park numbers but that's about it. ET's depend on traction first and foremost at this level. We just can't make enough top end hp to make up for a lag on the leave. If you get good transference and a true 100 hp, you should do a bit better than half a second. Your guess is as good as another. So much depends on breathing abilities of the engine. There are people here who did the heads, intake, cam thing and with 150 shot, turning low twelves. Here, better breathing gives exponential better results.
    Slicks, chassis work, stall speed increase and a 727 tranny and you'd pick up another .5-.7 tenths. These 46re's are pretty sloppy gear to gear even with a shift kit.

They're must be or have been someone here who did similar with their trucks. Trouble is finding it. Dig through some archives for additional clues.
    It would be great if this site had a section on builds corresponding to et's.

I have a friend who started with his 64 Vette as stock and ran 15.04 with a 327/325 hp engine. This car now does 9.8's with a 383 stroker and a turbo he got off a truck. It is still completely streetable. There are trucks here that did the same thing and they to are running 9's. These journeys would make for some very interesting reading.

I wonder why something like this was never established as a sticky.

Status

A sticky would be awesome. I remeber there used to be a site where guys listed their trucks and mods with corresponding timeslips. Cant remember the site name tho. I have searched quite a bit on here, and have gained quite a bit of knowledge in the nitrous world from these forums.

And drag radials are next

Status

Filling bottles.....no way, my supercharger is always full.
    1999 R/C Solar yellow

Status

Yeah, I wish. What do you run? Vortech? Procharger? TorqStorm?

Status

Vortech
    1999 R/C Solar yellow

Status

Status

Stupid thing is sideways. Went to I64 motorplex and ran the eighth today. Best of 9.16 at 77.8mph. I was pretty happy. Full weight, street tires, bout 100lbs of pit tools in the back seat lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

Status

Tracks still closed in MI our governor is retarded

Status

Yes, your governor is indeed. I actually went across the river into KY of all places to race. Ohio still hasn't given the green light.

Status

Only a 7 hour drive for me I should pick a nice weekend and load up the trailer and just go

Status

Nice. So you picked up 0.5 a second one the 75shot?

Status

That run was the 100 shot, but only sprayed from 2nd gear on. That was my first time at that particular track so i wasnt sure if it would take the hit in first without blowing the tires off. It very well could have, but we got rained on before I could get any more runs in.

Status

Nice man Keep making passes.

Status

I think its got 8.90s, 8.80s in it as is. Even better with a tire thats worth a crap

Status

Status

It’s been so long since I checked,but what are people paying theses days to fill a bottle?

Status

100$ at performance auto jackson MI
    Around 4.00$ a pound at Miland raceway

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast