+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What do you think my truck will run?

Status

That's around 15 to 20 good hits with the 150hp jets. I only purge if the bottles been off ( 20# tank)

Quote Originally Posted by y2krtaf View Post
    It’s been so long since I checked,but what are people paying theses days to fill a bottle?
    They get $65 for 10lbs here.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wideopen View Post
    That's around 15 to 20 good hits with the 150hp jets. I only purge if the bottles been off ( 20# tank)
    You dont care about the pressure?

Status

The shop I got to fill my bottles is $8.00 per pound, but we have a deal worked out that as long as I have his shops logo on my back glass he'll fill my bottles. Works out for me and him.

Jegs in Columbus fills for $6 / pound.
    2003 Dakota R/T CC Flame Red. Bolt ons, Built Trans.
    Dynotune Nitrous Wet system, 100 shot, FRP tuned. (SOLD! Gone but never forgotten)

Acts 2:38

Status

Quote Originally Posted by niebs View Post
    You dont care about the pressure?
    i don't even have a gauge or a heater i just hit the red button lol Spray and Pray

Status

I have a Nano kit on mine, no heater !

Status

i don't even have a gauge or a heater i just hit the red button lol Spray and Pray
    Surely to God, you jest... Right?
    Dynotune Nitrous Wet system, 100 shot, FRP tuned. (SOLD! Gone but never forgotten)

"Bleach Master"

Status

Put a damn gauge on there and spray around 900-950 psi before you melt something.
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post

Put a damn gauge on there and spray around 900-950 psi before you melt something.
    On 3rd tank. Only damage so far is a damaged plug and melted collector gaskets. I give 0 shits for this engine and it just keeps going strong and drive it everyday

"Bleach Master"

Status

On 3rd tank. Only damage so far is a damaged plug and melted collector gaskets. I give 0 shits for this engine and it just keeps going strong and drive it everyday
    Wow, well since you have had such good luck then i'm going to tell all the nitrous experts they are stupid and should all consult you for their tunes from here on out....

Status

Yea I'm an expert on scraping engines tell them to call I'll help them out lol

Status

Yea I'm an expert on scraping engines tell them to call I'll help them out lol

To anyone lurking on this thread 10 years from now, DO NOT follow Wideopen's advice on nitrous tuning! Lol

Status

Lol I allready said that. funny thing is I'm still running it when the so call experts say it can't be done. I don't live life scared it ain't nothing but an engine swap and I have 3 magnum engines an LA engine and a 440 at the machine shop getting lined honed for a stroker crank. No cherries here I been living life wideopen for 54 years not changing now

Status

Well dont get me wrong, I respect it. Regardless of what several of the main members may say and cringe, I still cant help but appreciate the "Just send it" attitude.

But for the 18 year old wondering if he can bolt a kit to his stock R/T, your methods should not be replicated.

Status

Just a matter of time before I bump the limiter and scatter the engine we all know that and then you all can say I told you so i just talking crap because it hasn't yet and I'm on tank 3 with 165,000 mile engine guess I should carry a warning tag cause I'm thinking about drilling the jets out bigger this is taking to long lol

"Bleach Master"

Status

Doing stupid stuff for the sake of stupidity isn't "not scurred" it's ignorance, nothing more.
    Taking the time to buy a cheap nitrous pressure gauge would allow you to most likely go faster and your engine run longer.
    you have been plain lucky and saying " i gots me plenty of engines" is beyond retarded.
    I have ran stock magnums on 200 shots for years with zero failures because i tuned the nitrous correctly where as you "I'm wide open baby" mentality would most likely blow it up on the first or second hit.

I will end on keep throwing that dice there wide open guy and I wish you the best of luck.

"Bleach Master"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SPelf View Post
    Well dont get me wrong, I respect it. Regardless of what several of the main members may say and cringe, I still cant help but appreciate the "Just send it" attitude.

But for the 18 year old wondering if he can bolt a kit to his stock R/T, your methods should not be replicated.
    No one here has "sent it" more than me but i still like to "send it" on all it has and not just what my butt dyno tells me it has.

With that thinking why waste time checking air pressure, just fucking send it!
    Why check timing, just fucking send it!
    Why waste time changing oil, i got so many engines on deck, just fucking send it.....

Status

I give, some people dont understand trying to blow the engine up just for fun.

"Bleach Master"

Status

I give, some people dont understand trying to blow the engine up just for fun.

Status

I'm old school I been on the street since I was 14 doing this crap and learned you never tell everything. I have 5 high school buddies that are engineers at the Chrysler proving grounds in Chelsea Mi helping me with alot of engine work and custom parts . The one a mile down the road is the test driver on the viper and all the hellcats before you even new they were being designed the 2 miles down the road works in the dyno lab he's the one doing all my machining, so I'm the one that street raced a rocket in Orlando FL for a year and was undefeated I'm the one 6 open wheel modified teams call to change a engine in the middle of the night so they can race the next day. I'm the one who donated his pro street dakota sport chassis to a friend that cut half his car and half his foot off when the fly wheel exploded so he can continue the points season. No I'm not the track star or rt expert you claim to be but I enjoy cutting up instigating talking shit that comes from being real street so hate all you want

Status

"Bleach Master"

Status

I'M A BIG DEAL, PEOPLE KNOW ME

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2