+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tubular Control Arms (Uppers and Lowers)

SpoR/T driver

Status

Default Tubular Control Arms (Uppers and Lowers)

Not sure if everybody on here is on the Facebook page or not, so I figured I'd make a post here. There's a company out of Canada doing a group buy on tubular upper and lower control arms. I do not have all the specifications on them but they look like nice pieces. I'm getting a complete set for my Hellcat truck and wanted to come here and try to gather some more buyers to bring the price down. Prices are as follows:

Uppers Lowers Both
    1-3 $535 $710 $1200
    4-7 $465 $650 $1050
    8-10+ $425 $610 $975
    Powder coat $50 $50 $75

Nonrefundable deposit of 50% is due at order, with the rest coming at completion. Justin Frederick is running a set on his truck already and is happy with them. The shop's name is Epic Rod & Custom. Don't contact me for any extra info because I didn't organize this, I'm simply passing along information for what looks like some high quality, hard to come by parts for our trucks.

'98 RC/SB - Hellcat/6 Speed Swapped
    10.18@139.8mph
    '00 AF RC R/T Under Construction!
    '01 IB RC R/T Under Construction!
    '99 SY CC R/T Sold
    '00 AF RC R/T Sold
    DRTC Member #1181

Supporting Vendor

Status

Justin Frederick is running a set on his truck already and is happy with them.
    According to the fabricator, he hasn’t even designed them yet. The pic that is shown on facebook is not a Dakota upper control arm.

Status

I know a guy in the Detroit area that was building some uppers.
    Haven't heard in a while on the progress though.
    Still waiting impatiently.
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

Status

Quote Originally Posted by kota360 View Post
    Whats the price you expect to pay if he makes them?

Supporting Vendor

Status

I apologize Ken. I hate making excuses but last year wasn't very kind in regard to sales, and this year is going to be much worse.
    Money has been tight in regard to spending extra cash on equipment to finish them. This Corona virus thing has totally screwed things up even more. However, I just purchased more fixturing equipment, which I should receive tomorrow, and also purchased extra steel, argon gas…and welding rod, in order to work on this again during this economic meltdown. I'm getting caught up on the initial rush of orders during the first quarter of the year, and am renewing my efforts on them.

Status

That completely sucks Richard, I was planning on bringing the truck out this year, do I hoard my $ or spend it on something that’s not being moved, I had already planned on doing things on the Jeep so that $ was already spent, and the Srt10 is STILL in the shop, so much for 2020 huh

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    I apologize Ken. I hate making excuses but last year wasn't very kind in regard to sales, and this year is going to be much worse.
    Money has been tight in regard to spending extra cash on equipment to finish them. This Corona virus thing has totally screwed things up even more. However, I just purchased more fixturing equipment, which I should receive tomorrow, and also purchased extra steel, argon gas…and welding rod, in order to work on this again during this economic meltdown. I'm getting caught up on the initial rush of orders during the first quarter of the year, and am renewing my efforts on them.
    Thanks for the update Richard. I look at it this way, you can't rush perfection. I'm sure we will see them soon, and they will be great, like the rest of your custom made products.
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

Supporting Vendor

Status

Whats the price you expect to pay if he makes them?
    I have to finish them first to know what my cost is. When I ran my own painting contractor business, I saw too many times, that when some other contractors low balled a job, then realized they weren't making enough money on it, they merely cut corners to soften the blow. I don't work that way. lol

Supporting Vendor

Status

That completely sucks Richard, I was planning on bringing the truck out this year, do I hoard my $ or spend it on something that’s not being moved, I had already planned on doing things on the Jeep so that $ was already spent, and the Srt10 is STILL in the shop, so much for 2020 huh
    C'est La Vie Ernie!

Supporting Vendor

Status

Thanks for the update Richard. I look at it this way, you can't rush perfection. I'm sure we will see them soon, and they will be great, like the rest of your custom made products.
    Thanks Ken!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    I have to finish them first to know what my cost is. When I ran my own painting contractor business, I saw too many times, that when some other contractors low balled a job, then realized they weren't making enough money on it, they merely cut corners to soften the blow. I don't work that way. lol
    No worries. I didnt know he was talking about you and thought he had a quote already.

+ Reply to Thread