+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clutches for TKO

I gots to have mo'par-ts!

Status

Default Clutches for TKO

Wondering if anyone familiar with manual swaps has any advise on affordable clutch options for a TKO600?

Transmission I'm going with: TCET-5008, 26 spline 1-1/8"
    Flywheel: Mopar Performance steel 130 tooth notched for EFI
    Running the Quicktime/Holley RM-6071

Off the bat I believe I should be looking for a 10.5" clutch and matching spline/dia.
    Just curious what anyone would recommend who have been down this road before...
    Thanks!
    1999 R/T CC Flame Red (what's left of the paint)
    //SHAKER// 408 Forged // TKO600 5spd // Spintech-Mids // HiPoTek 106 LOPEYCAM // FRP Tuned //

Status

Kinda depends on your power level,how much holding power you need.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by y2krtaf View Post
    1,128HP....

Haha, but really looking for something in the 5-600 range to be safe. For some reason I have only found clutches in the 700-1,000 dollar range (ACE or McLeod)
    //SHAKER// 408 Forged // TKO600 5spd // Spintech-Mids // HiPoTek 106 LOPEYCAM // FRP Tuned //

Status

You could always contact Centerforce,Mantic,etc. and see what they offere,but a good clutch,pressure plate,and throw out bearing will cost in that range.

Status

Gotta pay to play...alright thanks for the advise man

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JDreamR/T View Post
    Gotta pay to play...alright thanks for the advise man
    Any time,love the three pedal dance!
    Let us know what you wind up with.

Curious how your tko swap held up over the years? IDK if you remember but im the one who sold you a few items for your swap after mine fell through.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by jmaack727 View Post
    Curious how your tko swap held up over the years? IDK if you remember but im the one who sold you a few items for your swap after mine fell through.
    I remember,and still have the parts.
    As a matter of fact,I will probably be selling all of it since I don’t see myself using it.

I wound up putting a T-56 set up in my truck from Keisler which was it’s own shit show because of the garbage bell housing and hydraulic throw out bearing set up.The way it was made,caused the throw out bearing to sit crooked thus not engaugeing the pressure plate correctly.I was getting a pulsation in the pedal when shifting from 5th to 6th that had me scratching my head thinking I had driveline alignment issues or...

Long story short when I pulled it back apart with less than a 100 miles on it,it stayed out of the truck,and instead the 46RE was gone through and upgraded from ened to end and put back in with a 3600 stall,very fun!

I did buy a Quick time bell,and Mantic triple disk clutch set up to replace the shit Keisler bell,but never did put it in.

So now I have a pile of brand new parts and no home for them since I sold the copper truck,and my ’96 the same day(long stroy of it’s own)

So basically,I could go TKO,or T-56,although I don’t have a TKO box.

If anyone knows someone that want’s a new,and minus a modded trans crossover T-56 setup,and has 7,000 dollars plus shipping,hit me up. Or a TKO bell,clutch,and shifter.

I should probably dig it all out and take pictures,been so long I forget half the shit I have...

Status

I remember,and still have the parts.
    As a matter of fact,I will probably be selling all of it since I don’t see myself using it.

I wound up putting a T-56 set up in my truck from Keisler which was it’s own shit show because of the garbage bell housing and hydraulic throw out bearing set up.The way it was made,caused the throw out bearing to sit crooked thus not engaugeing the pressure plate correctly.I was getting a pulsation in the pedal when shifting from 5th to 6th that had me scratching my head thinking I had driveline alignment issues or...

Long story short when I pulled it back apart with less than a 100 miles on it,it stayed out of the truck,and instead the 46RE was gone through and upgraded from ened to end and put back in with a 3600 stall,very fun!

I did buy a Quick time bell,and Mantic triple disk clutch set up to replace the shit Keisler bell,but never did put it in.

So now I have a pile of brand new parts and no home for them since I sold the copper truck,and my ’96 the same day(long stroy of it’s own)

So basically,I could go TKO,or T-56,although I don’t have a TKO box.

If anyone knows someone that want’s a new,and minus a modded trans crossover T-56 setup,and has 7,000 dollars plus shipping,hit me up. Or a TKO bell,clutch,and shifter.

I should probably dig it all out and take pictures,been so long I forget half the shit I have...
    Damn dude, you been through some shit then, I remember all the Keisler nightmares ppl had. I remember originally wanting one of those kits so badly, but now I'm glad I was too broke at the time. I'd say you should definitely try selling that stuff, sounds like a good chunk of change collecting dust!

I wish I had gone with the Tko. but with a 131 inch wheelbase and suck a short transmission I didnt even want to fool with an 8 foot long driveshaft and keisler vibes. although curious what you would want for the bellhousing clutch and shifter?

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JDreamR/T View Post
    Wondering if anyone familiar with manual swaps has any advise on affordable clutch options for a TKO600?

Transmission I'm going with: TCET-5008, 26 spline 1-1/8"
    Flywheel: Mopar Performance steel 130 tooth notched for EFI
    Running the Quicktime/Holley RM-6071

Off the bat I believe I should be looking for a 10.5" clutch and matching spline/dia.
    Just curious what anyone would recommend who have been down this road before...
    Thanks!
    I am running a TKO600RR, same bell, 130T flywheel (for 5.7) on a 4.7 using the CenterForce Dual friction DF161739 10.4" and have had no problems with it running slicks and 5k launches.
    I am building another engine for it and going to use a Clutch Tamer on it so going to try a Spec Stage 3+ SC193F 10.5" with the new combo. Another clutch that was recommended to me (and still considering) is a RAM Powergrip HD Clutch Kits 98640HD 10.5"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TurboJoe62 View Post
    I am running a TKO600RR, same bell, 130T flywheel (for 5.7) on a 4.7 using the CenterForce Dual friction DF161739 10.4" and have had no problems with it running slicks and 5k launches.
    I am building another engine for it and going to use a Clutch Tamer on it so going to try a Spec Stage 3+ SC193F 10.5" with the new combo. Another clutch that was recommended to me (and still considering) is a RAM Powergrip HD Clutch Kits 98640HD 10.5"
    Thanks for that info TurboJoe!

+ Reply to Thread