+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Cylinder heads

Status
    Blog Entries

4 + weeks still waiting on PIE to do cylinder heads ,, all I get is smart ass answers.

Home School Valedictorian

Status

You can't beat a courteous and empathetic response to your inquiry.

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Status
    Blog Entries

Your correct,,i was shocked,, I was in business for 30 yrs. + and never responded to a customer like that.. I wasn't bothering him called after first 2 weeks then 3 weeks then 4 weeks only to see if any issues,, never returned my last call ??
    Last edited by packard1; 08-08-2020 at 05:36 PM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by packard1 View Post
    Your correct,,i was shocked,, I was in business for 30 yrs. + and never responded to a customer like that.. I wasn't bothering him called after first 2 weeks then 3 weeks then 4 weeks only to see if any issues,, never returned my last call ??
    Heavens, and this a forum dedicated to Mopar stuff. Granted there isn't a huge market for the small blocks but there is going to be a movement toward the hemi which he also deals with and with forums dedicated to those engines.
    You can't keep messing up actual orders and keep your head afloat for long. It's gonna get to you eventually I think. Imagine the business that could have been received with a clean record like a Martin Seine has.
    People have been screwed over by Hughes, IMM, PIE and who knows whom else. Man's virtues are written in water, his faults are written in stone. As a business man, I would think you would not want the "stone" thing.

Status

Man a month of no updates is a bit much. Like I just had a shop the other day put together a whole short block for me. Cleaned it and decked with line hone and took him a week. If porting a set of heads i would say 2 weeks tops. And if you are busy and behind at leas let me know. Then give me a respectful time frame to work with. Like shit isnt that hard man. If you got so many customers you cant politely address all of them and it makes work hectic then you need to higher someone who can and put a system into place.
    99 RT Fully built 365

Status
    Blog Entries

Shocker, Chris just called,, said 1 more week, all it takes is communication.. Now if they ship without another story or missing parts ??

Home School Valedictorian

Status

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Status

Shocker, Chris just called,, said 1 more week, all it takes is communication.. Now if they ship without another story or missing parts ??
    LOL. Hope you get it all ok. I would inspect very well
    99 RT Fully built 365

Status

Say what you will about the state of the forum, but according to the user stats, there is anywhere from 300-400 guests viewing forums on any given slow day. Posts like this, even amongst our small community, have got to hurt business.

The joe blow with his little Dakota thinking about sinking 3 grand into his truck and starts reading up on old builds on this site, and sees thread after thread of "PIE screwed me" ... Boom , business lost.
    2003 Dakota R/T CC Flame Red. Bolt ons, Built Trans.
    Dynotune Nitrous Wet system, 100 shot, FRP tuned. (SOLD! Gone but never forgotten)

Acts 2:38

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SPelf View Post
    Say what you will about the state of the forum, but according to the user stats, there is anywhere from 300-400 guests viewing forums on any given slow day. Posts like this, even amongst our small community, have got to hurt business.

The joe blow with his little Dakota thinking about sinking 3 grand into his truck and starts reading up on old builds on this site, and sees thread after thread of "PIE screwed me" ... Boom , business lost.
    100%. I just think its crazy how long some of these places stick around. not to mention how some have fallen off the wagon and now have come back and already screwed people again.
    99 RT Fully built 365

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 99lowdakota View Post
    100%. I just think its crazy how long some of these places stick around. not to mention how some have fallen off the wagon and now have come back and already screwed people again.
    *cough*Marty*cough*

Status
    Blog Entries

PIE ,,, never SENT-delivered heads,, guess i contact credit card co.
    Last edited by packard1; 08-14-2020 at 11:52 PM.

PIE ,,, never SENT-delivered heads,, guess i contact credit card co.
    I had the same problem with IMM. Took 2.5 months to get them. He first thought I had an LA engine after specifically stating this was for a magnum in writing and phone call. Then he said "he got busy" and forgot all about my order ($2900 worth of order) Then to make matters worse, the heads were absolutely bullshit when I did get them. Springs were good however nothing was "blended" so valve seats still had ridge. Then valve concentricity was off by 8 thousandths. Had "one" bronze valve guide and 1960's oil cups (umbrella type) for oil retention.
    I had a note within the heads that I owed him $90 for trimming the intake to fit head cut. It would have cost $750 to straighten these heads out with proper retainers and blending. Guy gave me a break and charged me $500.
    I sent him 2 emails asking for payment refund of $500 and to forget about me sending the additional $90. Never heard from him again

There's gotta be somebody good out there that is a true business person and consistently diligent with the work they do.

Status
    Blog Entries

I think this is a sign of what's ahead , if you can't purchase it already done from reputable parts chain we'll continue to get ripped off..

Status
    Blog Entries

Amazing,,, heads have arrived.. as usual disassemble and inspect, before installing... far-far better than the stock eddies..

hey im in orlando lets meet up at bithlo some wed, friday or sunday!

Status
    Blog Entries

Haven't been there,, email me
    Last edited by packard1; 08-30-2020 at 04:51 AM.

Status

R5/P7 ftw.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nascar-Dodg...gAAOSwG0NfRmnY

Some guys running em on Moparts with 727s
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

"Bleach Master"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 99lowdakota View Post
    You get what I was trying to say. I was just talking about the HP end goal. after 500hp in a magnum you should just switch to a hemi. Its going to cost less $$$ for more. I promises you Slammed R/T has more in his dakota then most houses are worth; thats why its fast lol.
    I promise you are way wrong on your price figures, I do 90% of all my own work and my truck wasn't built in a day. i have owned my truck since new so i have had a lot of time to do changes and upgrades over years with my own two hands.
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

Status

i mean for most your truck is worth a shit load. Not everyone has the ability to all that them selfs. That is why i ask you a lot of dumb questions
    99 RT Fully built 365

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4