Closed Thread

Thread: Spark plugs

Status
    Blog Entries

Default Spark plugs

What kind kind of plugs do you guys run/recommend?

"Bleach Master"

Status

new ones
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

NKG 4291's or NKG BKR6e's. Many forum people have been here for years and what's old hat for them are questions that have been raised seemingly endless times. It's all new for recent indoctrinates for these trucks but if you go to "search" in the upper right hand corner, you'll get a myriad of info.

Status

Or just autolite 3923 if you want the cheap route

Status

And, Welcome, BTW! Stock engines Autolite 3923's help get rid of pre-detonation ping. 3924's if that's not an issue. A lot of us run NGK BKR-6e or 7e's. Depending on what works best with our combo's.
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

"Bleach Master"

Status

anyone in the car community knows the "spark plugs" and "which oil" questions are lame ass newb questions and will get blasted!
    A simple search would have pulled up all the spark plug info that has been beat to death a thousand times over.

Status

Lol

"I just dont know why this site is dying!? Things just aint the same and people should really support this!"

Same guy..

"Screw anyone that posts something that I should think they should already know! Get out of here you know-nothing scrub!"

Hahaha the way I figure it is, newbie questions mean new site traffic which is GOOD
    2003 Dakota R/T CC Flame Red. Bolt ons, Built Trans.
    Dynotune Nitrous Wet system, 100 shot, FRP tuned. (SOLD! Gone but never forgotten)

Acts 2:38

Quote Originally Posted by slammedR/T View Post
    anyone in the car community knows the "spark plugs" and "which oil" questions are lame ass newb questions and will get blasted!
    A simple search would have pulled up all the spark plug info that has been beat to death a thousand times over.
    Doesn't mean the person asking the question should be "lorded over" for asking a question. What is "old hat" for one is a new experience for another. This is where an understanding is viable. Also, a new person may not be aware of the sites search parameters and just a simple explanation of its content would do. Any question doesn't need to be "blasted" either and I don't think that's an expectation in the least for being inexperienced..

"Bleach Master"

Status

Nah, I rather this place die than become a soft ass newb cesspool of trivial bullshit!
    "it's site traffic" might as well let the Chinese bots roll in because you know, site traffic, FOH!

Nah, I rather this place die than become a soft ass newb cesspool of trivial bullshit!
    "it's site traffic" might as well let the Chinese bots roll in because you know, site traffic, FOH!
    You're just looking from your perspective. I and others here do not want this place to die. It's one of the things we have as a community of like minded folk.

You may have had the advantage of people around you who raced or built and passed along info NOT coming from a forum. On the way, you learned from experience and failures because you immersed yourself in the craft. Things were gone over as to what the best practices were and after awhile, things became so ingrained, that they were put in the "trivial" box by you

Others are not so fortunate to have anyone in their corner as they start this money pit adventure. They'd like to rely on the experiences of others. They trust that they'll get straight information and not be looked down upon because they raised a question in an area totally new to them.

I was involved with cars 50 years ago. Cars that went 10's then 9's then 8's mainly because of nitro methane running through Hillborn injectors and cars that weighed 2400 lbs.. I raced nationally in SS/E. The 50 years later, an itch came back. I needed a pick up truck and I wanted to compete again. The R/T was perfect.

I had zero experience with electronically controlled vehicles. I had zero experience with automatics. I had zero experience with Mopars and their engine eccentricities. I bought a junk 95 Dakota with a 318 just to tear into it. I looked up authors and read Mopar books and magazines. I learned about automatics and yes I came here to this forum as one of the first things. So it's been four years that I've ben here. I will never have a 9 second Dakota like you. I can't. I want a faster truck that I can bring to the lumber yard. My realm is 13, 12 or 11 seconds at most.

I didn't have the coinage to delve into a serious machine. I could only do this once, maybe twice. I relied on this forum to get me a start. You yourself gave me clues and direction. If it comes down to "spark plugs" for some folks, so be it.

Most of my life I worked as a logger. Some of the strongest men I knew there who could literally crush in a human skull with one punch, were kind, considerate and respectful. Men who had been logging for 20 years and narrowly escaped with their lives on some days took the time for me. I was 16. The first question I had: "What saw should I buy".

It always starts somewhere and there will always be a wide-eyed newborn who is excited, anxious and wondering and wanting to be "part of something". Why kill that? If one can always contribute to that no matter what their experience or station or aggravation, that's only a "plus" in my mind because it's not about you. It's about helping somebody else.

"Bleach Master"

Status

Nah, when I first went onto any car forum I got my ass flamed, most of the pussies thought it was just out of assholeness or hate.
    It wasn't, it was actually a way to determine if you had the mental strength to not only handle mean people but had the mental ability to be worth someone's time to teach them your knowledge.
    Honestly I only read the first couple of lines of your long ass post, I could already tell where it was headed.

Nah, when I first went onto any car forum I got my ass flamed, most of the pussies thought it was just out of assholeness or hate.
    It wasn't, it was actually a way to determine if you had the mental strength to not only handle mean people but had the mental ability to be worth someone's time to teach them your knowledge.
    Honestly I only read the first couple of lines of your long ass post, I could already tell where it was headed.
    Yah well , you didn't read the rest so you couldn't tell shit. Mental toughness has nothing to do with learning ability. Your reasoning is dumbfounding to me. You don't know who you're dealing with in cyber space. Could be an 18 or 19 year old kid who is simply here for one thing and that's info. Not judgment, but fucking info. Your branding method of "who's worthy" is just a bunch of bullshit to make your person feel superior.

Now if you have the mental ability, I'll tell you another story. After logging I had to do something. I got into teaching high school. Some of these kids were virtual inner city criminals. Shits who thought they had to purvey this "tough ass" image thinking that was a way of survival. I brought them to the elementary schools and they taught little kids what they knew. That's when they started to feel good about themselves..not from what they got or thought they were missing (and some were missing quite a bit) , but from what they gave.

You think for one second that if I picked up a kid in the air by his scrawny neck to teach them "toughness".
    that he would "be worthy of learning"? These kids had that done to them just about everyday at home. It's called ABUSE. That's why they turned into criminals.

If you were treated the way other inferior complex people treated you, doesn't mean you have to treat the rest of the world the same way.
    Last edited by arro222; 02-27-2020 at 08:06 PM.

Status
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the input. Looks like a caused a lot of tension lmao. I did my own research online but I figured this was the best place to ask with the most knowledge. My engine is primarily stock with the exception of 1.7 rockers, bigger TB and a superchips tune. This how I bought the truck. I got the truck a few months ago, I've wanted one for over 10 years and finally got one.

Status
    Blog Entries

I'm looking to make upgrades as time and money allows. I had trans issues a few weeks after buying it. I got that solved and winded then all I've really done is add a cold air.

Status
    Blog Entries

Oh and slammed rt I'm 31 not some kid. Just looking for info and the best advice not your cry baby bs. Thanks arro

You didn't cause anything Joe. Welcome and feel free to ask anything you want.

"Bleach Master"

Status

the only person in here crying is Arro222, damn long ass posts bleeding all over the place.

Again, we have a search feature and an FAQ forum so these questions don't get repeatedly asked.

you two go cry about my response in PM's and shut up already

Closed Thread