+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Welp. Guess its tiem for a back half!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 9t9-5.2 View Post
    Are the two tubes in the back of the truck the foundation for the rear frame?
    Yes. They are pre bent for a 4 link set up. Ill need to make a crossmember for them to amount to and weld the 4link brackets on. The cage rear bars will attach to them for support.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wideopen View Post
    Now you just need a hellaphant to turn those tires over. lol
    Its in the works. Not a hellaphant. But will make some power.

Status

holy high rise you may have to cut the hood nice hemi thats not injected are you running a carb?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by arro222 View Post
    Well, the should help break into the 14's

Nice acquisition niebs.

It better!

Status

holy high rise you may have to cut the hood nice hemi
    LOL yeah. I think so. Ill mount it down in chassis as much as possible. But its kinda tall. plus a carb and hat on top

Status

We should have a big rt meet every year to see who gets to the crown for the year as the fastest dakota in the US lol Consider this a call out 1000 a truck to enter lol

Status

Quote Originally Posted by niebs View Post
    LOL yeah. I think so. Ill mount it down in chassis as much as possible. But its kinda tall. plus a carb and hat on top
    watch your pan that thing is going to do wheelies, I thought you were doing turbos you didn't hide that stage 6 NX plate on the table very well

Status

We should have a big rt meet every year to see who gets to the crown for the year as the fastest dakota in the US lol Consider this a call out 1000 a truck to enter lol
    Now that would be fun. Sadly, itll probably only be about 2-3 of us that have running trucks at any given time

watch your pan that thing is going to do wheelies
    Good thing there's wheelie bar brackets on the rear already

Status

i'd still enter even if i had to push it to a 14 sec pass lol

That pic niebs provided reminded me of back in the day. You know what you hardly see anymore that was the dominant set-up for the fastest cars in my heyday? Stacked barrel fuel injection. Most funny cars back then used 8 stack Hilborn or Strombergs with their intake tubes sticking out of the hood. These cars at first were running 10's. They started to go 9's with some eventually popping into the 8's when a bit of nitro was added to the mix.. Pretty good n/a back then.

Back then a 4 stack cost $1500. Now I think they go closer to 8k. No wonder you don't see em much but boy they made a car run and they looked so cool..

Status

That pic niebs provided reminded me of back in the day. You know what you hardly see anymore that was the dominant set-up for the fastest cars in my heyday? Stacked barrel fuel injection. Most funny cars back then used 8 stack Hilborn or Strombergs with their intake tubes sticking out of the hood. These cars at first were running 10's. They started to go 9's with some eventually popping into the 8's when a bit of nitro was added to the mix.. Pretty good n/a back then.

Back then a 4 stack cost $1500. Now I think they go closer to 8k. No wonder you don't see em much but boy they made a car run and they looked so cool..
    Funny you say that. I picked up three sets of triumphs triple tb set up. I was going to build a ITB manifold for this motor but some classes I want to run in will not allow "custom" manifolds. So i went this one instead.

Quote Originally Posted by niebs View Post
    Funny you say that. I picked up three sets of triumphs triple tb set up. I was going to build a ITB manifold for this motor but some classes I want to run in will not allow "custom" manifolds. So i went this one instead.
    Much cheaper and almost just as cool.

Status

Much cheaper and almost just as cool.
    For sure.

Chassis build may be on pause for a little bit. Im thinking of going 25.5 cage now which will require getting a tube bender and all to build it.
    Original plan was to just do a 10-12pt cage for 8.5s 1/4mi index but now im thinking i may push for 4/5s 1/8mi racing .

Status

Hope your planning on a new trailer also your taking it off the street by the sounds of it so might as well just skin the whole truck and call it a pro mod i bought a trailer just because im running 4.56 gears and will go to different states and fuels expensive lol What classes you tring to run in?

Status

I've had race cars i think its more fun tring to go as fast as you can and still keep it street legal so you can enjoy driving it and not have to tow it to a track and pay them to let you drive it. At least in MI we don't have a lot of rules with emissions and inspections if we did id have a track car also

I've had race cars i think its more fun tring to go as fast as you can and still keep it street legal so you can enjoy driving it and not have to tow it to a track and pay them to let you drive it. At least in MI we don't have a lot of rules with emissions and inspections if we did id have a track car also
    I agree completely with your assessment of what makes a "fun" vehicle for our kind of preference. Like you, I have gone the race car route but that is not my continued inclination.
    There are some seriously fast trucks here that may be driven on the street on a limited basis. More power to those so inclined but I am not as interested in what they've done as I am (except perhaps what they went through on their journey) as I am that guy turning 12's or dipping into 11's even and still able to get in his truck and go to the lumber yard or get groceries or go for a ride in the country or get to work in and have a perfectly behaved vehicle.
    That is also what perks my current interest.

Status

Hope your planning on a new trailer also your taking it off the street by the sounds of it so might as well just skin the whole truck and call it a pro mod i bought a trailer just because im running 4.56 gears and will go to different states and fuels expensive lol What classes you tring to run in?
    Ill trailer it but it will still see some street time.
    Ill probably run mostly in 6.0 or 8.50 index. But will look into some heads up classes that ill fit into.

Status

Little more cutting. and naturally had to see how they would look.

Status

lookin good i'm still on the road working but all good still waiting on a few parts to show up. forward progress thats what i keep tellin myself lol

Status

lookin good i'm still on the road working but all good still waiting on a few parts to show up. forward progress thats what i keep tellin myself lol
    Exactly. Just a little bit of progress keeps the drive going. Im about to go cut a bed side up lol.

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

Status

Hoping to weld the new in tomorrow.

Status

Just wondering if your slicks will come off without taking shocks off and drive shaft ? I know you are planning to tuck them it as far as you can. Thats a lot of tire lol

Status

Just wondering if your slicks will come off without taking shocks off and drive shaft ? I know you are planning to tuck them it as far as you can. Thats a lot of tire lol
    Not sure. Ill have the wishbone under the rear which could cause an issue to. I do not have shocks yet so im planning on running the longest ones i can. That should help. I also thought about making the bedsides removable but idk about that yet.

Status

Holy shit Batman! Nice progress !
    95FAFDB9-F3C6-4E84-98AA-C68D60AFB296.jpg
    Would this work !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast