+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Repairing my 20' r/t reps.

Default Repairing my 20' r/t reps.

Can you repair rims?
    problems
    they need lots of weights to be balanced
    one rim was cracked and "repaired" by welding in the gap of the crack.
    All the rims leak air. Even after i bought new tires they still leaked air. Put bead sealer on same thing happened.
    I know they are hard to find so I don't want to get rid of them yet unless there's no choice.
    they came with my 600.00 r/t so it's not a loss really... but i like em....

You are running into several problems. One is finding a shop that does this sort of thing. 2. Will the cost of the repair warrant the fix? 3. That they ALL leak air is something I would not even consider worth owning or fixing.

Well being in orlando I guess I have some options for repairing my 20's that lets me do this sort of thing.
    Went to one and quoted me 120 to fix a cracked and bent wheel that won't seal.
    3 others are less damaged whee the chrome is peeling and less dents but still prevent a seal around the tire..... and said around 60-75 per wheel.
    Not to bad for a set of desired wheels in the dakota world....

Status

That sounds pretty reasonable.
    I live in Hamilton On. and there are 2 places here that do this kind of repair.
    There price starts at $350.00 per wheel.
    The quotes you have gotten sound decent.
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

Those wheels are desired by those who don't care about suspension life or braking distances. They are the heaviest known wheel in the galaxy, with a density similar to that of a neutron star.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3240 View Post
    Those wheels are desired by those who don't care about suspension life or braking distances. They are the heaviest known wheel in the galaxy, with a density similar to that of a neutron star.
    1999 R/C Solar yellow

Your right bro! no one wants em but me!

Status

Have you decided to get them repaired?

Yea for that price ill just do one at a time over a period of time....spare set of 20 inch wheels with the 16s on now...also got 2 15s now too for some radials...

+ Reply to Thread