+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there a way to find out if a truck has a tune already?

Status

Default Is there a way to find out if a truck has a tune already?

I bought my 2003 with some light mods through a dealer, but I'm suspecting that it may have a tune in it. Is there any way to tell what may be done to the ECU without an existing tuner?

Status

Nope...

Status

Well, easy answer!
    Thanks.

check to see if it has a mopar performance pcm installed

Status

I have the same issue , i bought it used with 160,000 miles on it notice the injectors were not stock and have a loppy cam at idle just a little rich at idle ,installed all the normal bolt ons and a single fogger NOS kit in the spacer and it loves it with no tune lol revs at an insane rate and hasn'nt seem to hurt the engine yet with the 150 HP jets Its just a joy to drive the only thing I'd do is shut off that damn rev limiter its hard to shift that fast and feels like i could go another 1000 rpm on 1st to 2nd shift so who ever tuned it thanks lol what a blast

Do you have a scanner? One that can check CAL ID and CVN?

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

Quote Originally Posted by Wideopen View Post
    single fogger NOS kit in the spacer
    How wide is your spacer? Thinking it has to be placed in front of tb no?

Status

i believe it's an arid 1/2 i drilled and tapped a hole in the back rite were the point was and ground it down so tip was exposed i do wish fogger tip was a little longer so it was centered but i had no idea the engine would last i'm on second bottle all ready i believe the stock rev limiter is whats keeping it together and i believe somebody has been in this engine it runs to good to be 160,000 mile

Status

By the way i wouldn't recommend doing this. i was tring to blow it up. If my insurance company knew i had nitrous on board they will cancel me lol by all rites i should have melted a few pistons down by now or at least chewed up some plugs and Iv'e had to adjust the band in the trans twice something is going to give soon i am running a stage 3 super chip also as far as the tune goes only thing i notice is the throttle response is better. So please dont try this at home unless you have a spare engine and trans around lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wideopen View Post
    a spare engine and trans around lol
    Funny about automatics. Some are tough as nails and others...not so much. Old 727 was bullet proof. Never got involved racing with those as sticks were always faster.
    We have some weak links in our 46re's with bands and clutches included.
    Mine has only 41,000 miles on it and yet my bands were at least a quarter inch out of spec. Best friend on these is a tranny pan with a drain plug and temp npt port.

Status

yep only stretch so much then they snap Next time i'm home i shot a video of a back road pass you never know it may a cool intake going through the hood vid lol

+ Reply to Thread