+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning Member

Status

Default Returning Member

Hello fellow R/T Dakota members! I originally became a member back in 2009, at the time I had a 1999 Intense Blue ext Cab, I owned it till 2012 and had sold it to help get my step son his graduation car, which he still ownes today! 2006 Subaru WRX STI, It carried him through college and now he is a Mechanical Engineer. For me I still was into cars and trucks, my latest toy is a 1970 Opel GT with a Camaro V6 race motor and Tremec 5 speed, now with the years passing by I missed my R/T! So I finally found one exactly like my old one, a 1999 Intense Blue ext cab in Washington. So I made the deal, and flying out Friday to pick it up and drive back to MN, the R/T is rust free with 121,000 actual, no accidents clean Carfax, and the first owner had this truck overseas at one time, must of been in the military. My intensions will be like before, make it faster! But instead of the usual tricks, like omitted rear O2 sensor, adjust TV cable, tranny tune with band torque adj, larger thottle body, Diablo tuner, always wishing for a 408 stroker motor! I've stumbled upon a vision quest! And since it's within reach now that my wife and I are empty nesters! My vision is what these trucks should have been right out of the box! Dakota R/T Hellcat! Am I insane! Is it midlife crisis! Maybe! But I like to re-engineer things! Considering my Opel GT weighs in at 1,900 pounds and now supports a 260 HP 210 Foot Pound torque engine. So with a Hellcat engine at 707 HP and a Truck at 4,200 pounds! That's just about what it needs, let me know what everyone is thinking! Wish me luck.

DAKRT56

Status

Welcome back fellow Minnesotan!

Steve - 1999 Flame Red RC R/T-56
    Comp Cams | F&B | Mopar | Spintech | SCT | Hotchkis

Status

Welcome back.. Hellcat Dak, been done.. worth doing again, if you have the money. People with think your crazy putting a motor in that is worth more than the truck.
    Mike Williams

98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)
    00 BLK RC ProCharged -Hotchkis - on and on (Sold)
    01 AF CC (Leased - Turned in)

Status

Welcome back , where In Washington are you picking it up? Shoot if not a hellcat drop a 6.1 or 6.4 out of a Jeep srt8 or charger in to it , why not.. it’s your project !

I gots to have mo'par-ts!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Elvbo View Post
    That's just about what it needs.
    This^^

Haha, welcome back! I say go for it if you have the means, would be totally badass!
    Funny, I also became a member back in 2009 with my '99 FR CC, and like your son was in college for Mechanical Engineering at the time! Time flies, 10+ years later I still have the truck, but it now needs some overhauling to the body and engine. Anyways I love engine conversions, so whatever you decide I'll be sure to follow along!
    1999 R/T CC Flame Red (what's left of the paint)
    //SHAKER// 408 Forged // TKO600 5spd // Spintech-Mids // HiPoTek 106 LOPEYCAM // FRP Tuned //

Welcome back! Looking forward to seeing some pics of your RT.

Status

Hello thanks for the welcome, I will be 40 minutes North h of Seattle, I saw a outfit in Cleveland, that sells a complete plug and play salvage Hellcat with auto tranny! So it makes it more doable. It might take a couple years, since I live in six months of snow. This year will be fine tuning and simple hop up tricks.

Status

Good luck on your drive back, keep in mind the Pass (Snoqualmie) you have to drive through to come down I-90 has been getting hit with snow non stop lately, I think Pat is in Wenatchee and I’m in the lower Yakima valley which idk if you’re going straight through to Spokane and Idaho either way keep us posted

Not so newbie

Status

If you build it, we will follow....
    MAGA

want more inchs STROKE IT

Status

Welcome back

Bad Luck Truck
    Current setup
    „R„block 429ci W5 heads 700hp N/A
    1/8 mile #'s 6.47@105 1.37 60’ 10.23@131

Old 1/4 numbers below with 408
    Fastest N/A 2010,2011,2014
    477-RWHP ?-RWTQ

11.244 ET @ 119.71mph N/A
    FOXHOLE RACING
    "If you like me good, if you hate me, even better!"
    Chris

"Bleach Master"

Status

Hi.
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

DRTC Member

Status

Welcome back!
    99 R/T CC Flame Red - Current
    01 R/T CC Bright Silver Metallic - Sold
    98 R/T RC Flame Red - Sold
    04 SRT-4 - Flame Red - Stage 1 - Sold

DRTC Member #259

Status

Hello fellow R/T ers! Last Friday I flew a red-eye into Seattle and was picked up at the airport around 9:00a.m. Rich's Car Corner had the truck and was ready for it's test drive even though it was short drive! The heater worked! That's half the battle on these trucks, since I had to replace one on my last R/T back in 2012. And yes! It is true that they drop the heater core from a rope, and build the truck around it! Lol, so back to my purchase, once the deal was done I started my drive back to MN, I left around 10:30 out of Seattle and before I could say WTF! My abs and brake light came on! Hmm, as my esp kicked in I knew this might be bad! But my brakes worked fine! So a quick Google, and discovered probably a sensor, so Keep on trucking! After the end of my second fill up! Which I only was doing after leaving a quarter tank showing on the needle, my check engine light came on! I'm thinking WTF! Again! But my deep breaths and go attitude, I decided to check the oil! And the big Duh! Empowered my brain to realize, I'm low on oil! Three Quarts low! Then it dawned on me, the freaking Plenum design flaw! So once again keep on trucking! I figured out two quarts every 3/4 fill up! I'm sure our eco friendly people were enjoying my Carbon footprint! Lol. I made it home Sunday traveling 1,672 miles. Now it's wait for Spring and do those repairs! Anyone have a M1 for sale cheap? Or I can just fix what I have with the Hugh's plenum repair kit.

Status

Glad you made it home, if you can find an M1 it’s going to be outrageously priced ! Any pics ?

Just get the Air Gap if you're looking for a fix on the plenum leak. Future plans are like a meteorite. Some hit home and others just evaporate in the atmosphere. Even a worked over 5.7 hemi would provide loads of fun and they're pretty plentiful.
    If I were positive I was going to replace the engine, I'd just get the Hughes plenum fix.
    Another alternative is to build up the 360 and boost it. Then there's a stroked 440 or even the 400 Mopar engine that will make over 600 hp n/a with the right heads and cam and that's probably the cheapest route.

These trucks don't have much traction with even 325hp. Big hp is going to need chassis work for more expense.

Status

Finally a decent day here in MN! Here are some pics of my 1999 R/T. It's in great shape. No Rust.IMG_20200327_150831826_HDR.jpg IMG_20200327_150714216_HDR.jpg

Status

Sweet ride !

+ Reply to Thread