+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: rear gear set

Status

If you put Danno into the search bar a bunch of threads will come up. Dan was "The" driving force here in the NW. He was also elected as President of the this DRTC. But, got sick and tired of all the politics, people bashing and finger pointing. So, eventually left the club, lost interest in the trucks.
    "Barney" his 98 DA CC had Massively ported heads, big cam (for the day) 4 bbl intake & TB. Then, he put a 150 of nitrous to it out of the hole. BTW, I'm still very good friends with him & his wife Ginn, that he met through the club.
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

Status

Pat, give Danno my best, hope all is well with him ! Sorry for the thread jack back on topic

Quote Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
    If you put Danno into the search bar a bunch of threads will come up. Dan was "The" driving force here in the NW. He was also elected as President of the this DRTC. But, got sick and tired of all the politics, people bashing and finger pointing. So, eventually left the club, lost interest in the trucks.
    "Barney" his 98 DA CC had Massively ported heads, big cam (for the day) 4 bbl intake & TB. Then, he put a 150 of nitrous to it out of the hole. BTW, I'm still very good friends with him & his wife Ginn, that he met through the club.
    Most unfortunate the way that crap happens. It seems prevalent in any forum no matter what the topic. Rudenss, ego, bravado, validation, superiority, etc, etc, are all part of our human frailty and it gets in the way of so many things.
    This forum is well packed with info but it is very hard to depict the necessary detail. I've been searching it for the 3 years I've been here because as prevalent as my background might be with engines and racing, it is all info that is outdated. The truck I understand the most is Dave's (Adobe) because electronics are related to battery, coil and distributor. I am absolutely lost with this computer crap. It goes beyond that with advances in cam tech, fuel distribution and valve sequence.
    I'm new here. To me, this place is like walking into a restaurant for the first time and amazed at what you find, only to discover it's been in existence for 20 years. Danno got tired of the clientele and so got out of the business. Completely understandable. But I sit here still amazed and lament the passing of the old guard that had so much to offer but buggered by the eventual human crap that rears its ugly head when humans get together.

What I've learned in this thread from contributors is that I'm correct in thinking steeper gears would help these arks... for the street. Race driving is another aspect and must be measured with things indicative of normal, everyday truck use. What big end, strictly track guys here use, is something they do not have to contend with and that is "balance". Building these trucks for "balance" is basically something knowing what you can away with while living on a ragged edge of streetability and vehicle longevity.

I am glad 99 that you are still friends with a guy apparently loaded with pertinent knowledge for my and others type of info. I don't now the guy from adam but please pass along that I, for one, appreciated his contributions and also wish him the best .

Quote Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
    Pat, give Danno my best, hope all is well with him ! Sorry for the thread jack back on topic

not a thread jack BK. Some things are more important than gear sets. (did I say that out loud?)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2