+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turbo Oil supply

Status

Default Turbo Oil supply

Where are you turbo guys getting your oil supply from? (single turbo, right side of engine bay)
    and might as well ask, where are you draining it to?

Status

Im picking supply from the oil filter adapter for remote cooler and 10 an fittings welded to the oil pan for drains but untested yet hope it works other option is tee the gauge fitting behind the intake on my LA

Status

is there not any free ports in the block? Maybe I could add a Tee where the pressure sending unit goes.

I teed off the oil pressure sending on the top of the block behind the intake manifold. With the factory block I tapped the pan for the return using the vortex instructions. It gives you the measurements so you do not have to remove the pan. New block had aftermarket pan with a bung.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by jj malone View Post
    I teed off the oil pressure sending on the top of the block behind the intake manifold. With the factory block I tapped the pan for the return using the vortex instructions. It gives you the measurements so you do not have to remove the pan. New block had aftermarket pan with a bung.
    Thanks for the tip on the vortex install. that does not seem like a bad way to go.

Status

turbos parts on order. lets see what i can do with this all. Last time i only ran the turbo for a few days then sold it all.

Quote Originally Posted by niebs View Post
    turbos parts on order. lets see what i can do with this all. Last time i only ran the turbo for a few days then sold it all.
    If I'm understanding this correctly...wow! You put it all together and then in a few days sold the entire unit? What'd you hate about it?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by arro222 View Post
    If I'm understanding this correctly...wow! You put it all together and then in a few days sold the entire unit? What'd you hate about it?
    Nothing at all. I loved it, lit off super quick. But It was a daily driver and I couldnt put enough fuel to it at the time. So i had to take it off before i vented a piston. And while it was off i had an offer on it the kit i couldnt turn down.
    But now I have some methanol available so im going to be injecting that as my secondary fuel supply.
    Just having fun until until i finish my hemi.

+ Reply to Thread