+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Rims for slicks

  1. #1
    Wideopen's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Munith Mi
    Posts
    155

    Default Rims for slicks

    Looking for 2 15X10 6 lug dakota rims for track slicks

  2. #2



    99dart's Avatar
    DRTC Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington...the hot side!
    Posts
    3,772

    Default

    Wrecking yard or local Craigslist probably quickest way to find something without shipping.
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103 new 365 C.I (guessatune
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

  3. #3
    Wideopen's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Munith Mi
    Posts
    155

    Default

    I'll just bit the bullet and change rear end I'm dreaming if i think the stock 9 1/4 going to hold up to slicks anyway.

  4. #4



    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Corrales, New Mexico
    Posts
    17,935

    Default

    No prob on the 9.25, never heard one breaking, toss in a Locker and be happy.
    11.27 @ 118.23
    2017 NM Mopar Challenge Series Champion

  5. #5
    niebs's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    North DE
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wideopen View Post
    I'll just bit the bullet and change rear end I'm dreaming if i think the stock 9 1/4 going to hold up to slicks anyway.
    Goals? 9.25 seem to hold up to a good amount of abuse.

  6. #6
    Wideopen's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Munith Mi
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Guess we'll find out what 1000+ hp will do to it but engine going in this winter and the 160000 mile mag moter is having issues with leaf spring wrap and excessive tire spin. I believe caltraks will help the leaf spring issue but were talking tired engine with bolt ons and 150 shot [ nowhere near 500 HP ] rippin the tires off. My last dakota had ladders and that f word 9.00 back half with 17 in wide tires with a lot less issues still needed 2 fat girls in the box to hook up lol PS i still havent blown the mag up with a 150 shot i kinda impressed with that maybe i need 300 hp jets

  7. #7
    niebs's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    North DE
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wideopen View Post
    Guess we'll find out what 1000+ hp will do to it but engine going in this winter and the 160000 mile mag moter is having issues with leaf spring wrap and excessive tire spin. I believe caltraks will help the leaf spring issue but were talking tired engine with bolt ons and 150 shot [ nowhere near 500 HP ] rippin the tires off. My last dakota had ladders and that f word 9.00 back half with 17 in wide tires with a lot less issues still needed 2 fat girls in the box to hook up lol PS i still havent blown the mag up with a 150 shot i kinda impressed with that maybe i need 300 hp jets
    1000+ hp on a 360 mag block?

  8. #8
    Wideopen's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Munith Mi
    Posts
    155

    Default

    yea twin precision 7675 turbos with all the good stuff in the short block the same moter produced 1100 with 300 shot of nos with 13.5 ross diamond pistons i changes pistons to 9.1 and have around 1000 cmf throttle body and 50 pound injectors now so we'll see how close my guess a tune is and how long my head gaskets last

    I'll post some mock up pics when i get home and let you guys guess the hp. no dyno no.s yet but if it dont touch 1000 its not done yet lol

  9. #9
    Wideopen's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Munith Mi
    Posts
    155

    Default

    yea is a LA block im still trying to kill the mag engine but she keeps hanging is there i believe the stock rev limiter is why its staying together i have to shift at 4800 so 2nd gear engages before it hits 5300 it revs real fast up top with nos on. By the way i found 2 rims from summit steel rock rims hope the offset works
    Last edited by Wideopen; 11-02-2019 at 12:55 AM. Reason: add on

  10. #10
    niebs's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    North DE
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wideopen View Post
    yea twin precision 7675 turbos with all the good stuff in the short block the same moter produced 1100 with 300 shot of nos with 13.5 ross diamond pistons i changes pistons to 9.1 and have around 1000 cmf throttle body and 50 pound injectors now so we'll see how close my guess a tune is and how long my head gaskets last

    I'll post some mock up pics when i get home and let you guys guess the hp. no dyno no.s yet but if it dont touch 1000 its not done yet lol
    You should put together a build thread or something. I would like to hear more about your combo and pics of your truck. Sounds wicked!

  11. #11
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    wapato, wa
    Posts
    6,615

    Default

    Last person that tried that only made 1010hp!

  12. #12



    99dart's Avatar
    DRTC Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington...the hot side!
    Posts
    3,772

    Default

    Ummm...........no comment
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103 new 365 C.I (guessatune
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

  13. #13
    Wideopen's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Munith Mi
    Posts
    155

    Default

    What before the head gaskets popped ? I've got a guy ready to o ring my heads if needed I've heard about that one i'm hoping i don't need 40 psi lol 1010 sounds great to me but I'll have to shave weight down 1000+ isn't only goal 9.5 ets on small tire are the next one and street legal is no 3 my last one did 9.70 at 147 when the track kicked me out for no cage certification. I'm also considering it may take a tube chassis to do what i want, thankfully there's not a lot of restrictions in MI to be considered street legal
    hope the moderator dont get pissed about all this wishing going on in the classified page but i did find 2 rims lol

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wideopen View Post
    produced 1100 with 300 shot of nos
    Ok not being a smart ass here... is this 800HP plus 300 shot of N20 equal 1100 or is it 1400HP?
    Mike Williams
    #001

    98 DA RC GrapeJuice
    99 BLK CC (Buy Back)
    00 BLK RC ProCharged -Hotchkis - on and on (Sold)
    01 AF CC (Leased - Turned in)

  15. #15
    Wideopen's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Munith Mi
    Posts
    155

    Default

    1100 was a dyno number with a pro fogger set up nor did i do the tuning i cant tell you what the engine did on a 2 barrel

  16. #16
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    wapato, wa
    Posts
    6,615

    Default

    Might need double bead lock on those wheels to hold that much HP!

  17. #17
    Wideopen's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Munith Mi
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
    Might need double bead lock on those wheels to hold that much HP!
    Thanks Blacknight I totally did not think about that ordered a template and screws today 16 per side on way

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •