+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Power After Removing Instrument Cluster

Status

Default No Power After Removing Instrument Cluster

I posted a previous thread about my pcm going bad. I ordered a dud but sent it to SoloPCM down in Florida and they fixed the dud pcm. Truck started perfectly and ran great. One day I went to the store and all the instrument cluster lights came on and the gauges went out just like when my pcm died. However the truck did not stall and kept running as normal. I did some research and some people said that perhaps something is wrong with the instrument cluster. I removed the old one and tried to reinstall it and now there is no power. Fuel pump does not turn on, nothing reading on the dash. I ordered one off ebay with low miles and still nothing. Nothing turns on. Perhaps I tripped a wired during my removal? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Default Gauge cluster blowing transmission fuse

My 2000 R/T ran completely fine until I let a trustworthy co-worker take it to McDonald's for lunch one day. When I went to leave work I noticed the check engine light was on and the transmission wouldn't shift. It was in limp mode and would only stay in 3rd gear which made the drive down the highway less than enjoyable.
    I replaced the TCC solenoid, 3-4 shift solenoid and the TPS. After checking all wiring connections the truck wouldn't even start, so I swallowed my pride and took it to the shop in town.
    An hour and a half of isolating circuits and a half dozen fuses later, the problem ended up being my gauge cluster. It starts, runs and shifts perfectly normal now. Next step is to take it to another shop to repair it.
    Was wondering if anyone had any ideas what the issue could be?

+ Reply to Thread