+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brand new tranny same issue

Default Brand new tranny same issue

so hopefully this post wont get 3000 views and no replies.....
    When the truck is in D I floor it....and it wont wrap up on the tach..it will go up to and then hover around 3000rpms shift gears and then repeat...but if i put it in manual..and 1-2-D shift...it will go to 6000rpms if i let it...any ideas? and to be clear i have messed with the TV cable and even going extreme in either direction made no difference in that event aspect...even replaced the cable anyways

Status

New converter?

I thought you weren't supposed to manually shift the 46re from first to second. Can "tunes" have any effect on shift points?

I have a rebuilt stock converter 2800 stall.
    This tranny has been built up. Shift kit,kevlar bands,4 to 6 pin planet...sonnex..bla bla..

yes can tunes will change shift points in Drive.

Home School Valedictorian

Status

I have a 44RE, it does the same. Valve body is an Msaine, convertor is a Mopar Performance, and the truck has a canned tune from FRP. No difference in the shift point anywhere in the adjustment range.

I manually up shift, down shift, and routinely turn off OD for the engine braking. Been doing this for 90k miles.

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

that sounds convenient
    1941 Dodge 1/2 ton, 493 twin turbo, EFI, 727, 4 wheel disc brakes, custom triangulated 4 link, DANA 60, Gleason Torsen diff,

2002 Dakota R/T RC, PX8, PPH Headers, K&N FIPK, Hotchkis TVS, 20" R/T chrome rims, BFG G-Force T/A KDW 275/35 ZR20 tires, Kenwood head unit, Kenwood speakers, RF amp, 8" RF Punch Z subs

1998 Dakota RC daily driver 5.9L, AX-15 5 speed, Hooker long tube headers, FRP tune

+ Reply to Thread