+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone know what this hose/tube is for or is it even factory?

Status

Default Anyone know what this hose/tube is for or is it even factory?

I never have followed this hose or tube to see where it leads to. It's hard to follow where it goes because at the back of the engine. You can kinda see it in this picture. The mushroom shaped end is between the purge valve hose and the breather tube hose, you can just make it out a little. It's got a mushroomed shape cap that's made into it. I'm not sure if it's a vent but I looked at used engine/transmissions and never see it in any of the pictures. I thought it might be some kinda vent but it doesn't appear to have holes in it. I know the transmission I have came from a 2001 Dodge Ram Van with a 5.9. But I'm not sure about the actual 5.9 engine that it's my Dakota, whether it's been changed or not. Does anyone know if it's a factory hose or what it's for?

IMG_2029_LI.jpg

Status

I yhink it's part of the evap system for emissions. If you follow it under the truck it will go to the charcoal canister.
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

Home School Valedictorian

Status

There is a mod to remove it.

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

Status

Yup, it's for the evap system. I know you like keeping yours all original so, just check all the hoses to be sure none have cracked. Otherwise, you can leave it alone to do it's thing.
    99 DA CC R/T
    13.97@100 w/modded kegger & ported TB
    12.96 @103
    10:8-1 .30 over forged bottom end
    R/T ported heads
    Detroit locker 4:56 gears
    Built 46RE MSaine 3500 stall Ultra Billet
    http://imgur.com/a/lOVuZ

+ Reply to Thread