Hey everyone,

I was thinking of remanufacturing my exhaust from the muffler to the tips. I've been through a few different designs over the years. All of which had there drawbacks.

Long story short, I was thinking about installing these exhaust tips that pass through the body of the truck. I thought this would look pretty awesome if the exhaust was located in the back rear quarter panel at the bottom, behind the rear tire somewhere.

Now, I've added a link to the tips I was looking at. I've come to the conclusion the bezel/mounting plate is too big. It's 11 3/8" X 5 3/8" oval. I contacted the manufacture. I asked if they'd be interested in making the same design but smaller. I checked the truck and came to the conclusion, 8 1/2" X 4 1/2" would look good and give it nice proportions. They gave me a price quote of ~$1,000 for two of them. They informed me that the price was going mostly to design time for re-designing everything to a smaller dimensions. Tips would be most likely 1 1/4 (two tips per exhaust) with a 2.5" inlet.

I'm thinking of getting two of them without the bezel being polished so I can powder coat them to match the rims, or just do a matte black look (tips would be polished though). Looks like the original design has a polished bezel.

Is anyone else interested in this? If a few other people would like them, maybe I'll up the order number, get the price to an affordable rate and give the forum members some additional options. What are your thoughts.

Exhaust tips