+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No bus Pcm Need help !

Default No bus Pcm Need help !

Hi

I just replaced the fuel pump fuel injectors and more parts but today i went for a test drive and my truck died in traffic . i also read no bus on the odo meter . so i think my pcm is dead . not so long ago a member here i think Big Rob had an adress where we can buy a pcm for our trucks . Also my pcm is still the 5.2 . but i have a 5.9 and 46re in my truck . will this be a problem ? my truck was sitting for almost 7 months and now it sits again . Thanks
    -Dodge Durango 4x2 1999 5.9l
    -Dodge Dakota 1993 2.5l
    -Ford Bronco XLT 5.8L 1993

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

There's a few places on eBay that have the PCMs for sale. Buy the exact same part number you already have, it doesn't really matter 5.2/44re versus 5.9/46re, but the O2 sensor configuration for different trucks is random enough over the years that you don't want to mess with that so buying the same PCM should get you around that.

Status

isnt there a ground issue that causes the nobus message?

Accumulating parts...

Status

One thing to look at (since you did work under the hood not too long ago) is the PCM connections. If you lean on them, they can disconnect easily. Just make sure they are all snug. I had that happen to me once, drove to a trans shop for another issue and It would not start when I was trying to leave the shop. After messing with it and finding nothing, it magically started and I headed home and as I was driving it shut off. I quickly coasted into a gas station and started poking around the engine bay. One of the connections was slightly loose. Ran fine since.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

+ Reply to Thread