+ Reply to Thread

Thread: nitrous stuff

Default nitrous stuff

Being ignorant of power adders (and other things) since I never dealt with them, I've decided to go nitrous on mine that has the 2 barrel Air Gap, .520 lift cam on 112 lsa with .216-.228 @ .50, EQ heads cut 30 thousandths with mild porting, 6AL MSD with Mopar performance ecm, under drives, shift kit with 2800 stall, Spintechs, wide band gauge and shaker hood.
    Truck runs well and still with no tune yet and when floored, will go sideways on 30 mph roll. Goodyears suck.

Reasons wanting to go nitrous instead of centrifugal are 1. I like the shaker hood and wish to keep it, 2. limited use of power adder and not always "on" such as an engine mounted s.c., 3. only going to track couple times a year.

So I guess there are some whiz-bang things now like carbon bottles (pricey) nano boost (like the idea of no bottle heater and constant supply), in cab bottle activation, and I assume there must be something to take timing out from the cab as well? I cannot say "price" is a reason to go nitrous because what I'm looking at comes close to a Torque Storm centrifugal.

I do not know what is available for configuration of automatic adjustment of operation. I do not know what this "Proton" stuff does.
    I'll try to round this up and ball park expense and you more experienced guys can enlighten me further..

Basic kit with spray bar: averaging $1000
    Window switch -$500
    nano - $700
    cab bottle activator - $200
    cab timing controller???

So two questions: 1. Do I need larger injectors? 2. Can a cab mounted bottle activator be utilized with the nitrogen bottle going into the nitrous tank? Thanks.

Status

Stay away from the proton stuff. Go with the normal lightening solenoids.
    Do not need larger fuel injectors cause you will add the extra fuel thru the nitrous system. Via fuel solenoid.
    Not sure on the nano stuff. I would stay with the traditional heated bottle.
    and im not sure what you mean by "Can a cab mounted bottle activator be utilized with the nitrogen bottle going into the nitrous tank? "

Quote Originally Posted by niebs View Post
    Stay away from the proton stuff. Go with the normal lightening solenoids.
    Do not need larger fuel injectors cause you will add the extra fuel thru the nitrous system. Via fuel solenoid.
    Not sure on the nano stuff. I would stay with the traditional heated bottle.
    and im not sure what you mean by "Can a cab mounted bottle activator be utilized with the nitrogen bottle going into the nitrous tank? "

The "nano" stuff uses another nitrogen bottle that is plumbed into the main nitrous tank. It uses another valve adapter so you can get the nitrogen into the nitrous. Was wondering that if the additional nitrogen valve is utilized on top of the nitrous bottle, is the electric cab mounted nitrous bottle activator still able to be utilized?

+ Reply to Thread