+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wide band reading at lock up

Default wide band reading at lock up

Not ever having an automatic performance wise vehicle, why is it my wide band shows an 11 at torque converter lock up when truck is floored? Normally fluctuates between 12-12.5 until the converter locks up and then drops to 11 and the truck doesn't seem to like that acceleration wise. Use Redline +4 fluid, 2800 stall w shift kit.

Home School Valedictorian

Status

Definitely on the rich side, do you have a tune?

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

No, truck is not tuned. Thought it was running pretty good without it which surprises me as I thought after you do all the top end stuff, it would hardly run at all w/o a tune. It normally reads 14-14.3 tooling around town. I don't know what's coming first. Does the truck get sluggish at lock up because its running rich or because it's the nature of the tranny? I can understand why the 727 can help with several tenths if its the nature of the 46re to get lazy at this point.

Home School Valedictorian

Status

Compared to most AOD transmissions, the dodge is one of the higher overdrive ratios. So could be the nature of the trans but the fact that these trucks are factory tuned rich, it may be a combination.

My 5.2, 3.55 geared truck was very sluggish. Having it tuned and staying out of OD, thus preventing lock-up up to 45-50 mph made a big difference. When I get the 4.10's installed, I expect it will be a non-issue.

"Excuse me if I have some place in my mind, where I go time to time"

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

It's also possible that the difference in load/RPM when locked versus unlocked puts it in a different cell in the fuel table that is richer when locked than it is when unlocked. A tune would definitely help.

Quote Originally Posted by nitroram33 View Post
    It's also possible that the difference in load/RPM when locked versus unlocked puts it in a different cell in the fuel table that is richer when locked than it is when unlocked. A tune would definitely help.
    That makes sense. Who am I kidding. None of this electronic stuff makes sense to me.
    I gotta snag an ibm laptop someplace and get in touch with Ryan.

What I still cannot understand is how the truck is running as well as it does with a small cam of 216-226 @ .50 and 520 lift with dual 3" spintech exhaust and Airgap and better heads.You would think it should be running a bit lean. It has lost nothing on the bottom even at part throttle. Kinda like everyone said would happen.

I was leafing through the myriad of paperwork that came with the truck the other night. The former owner kept records of everything he bought (with the exception of the 52 mm TB). Discovered it has a 160* stat which could be part of the reason its afr seems rather normal with such pieces. I mean regular driving around with an afr of 14-14.3 is normal no? It does have the performance Mopar ecm but I didn't think even that had enough adaptive memory to normalize fuel ratio.

Status

They run really fat in stock form, so you probably helped out the Air/Fuel (in most places) by adding some extra air lol.

Wanna feel old about something else? IBM hasn't sold and IBM branded consumer laptop since 2005 when they sold that portion of the business to Lenovo.

Quote Originally Posted by nitroram33 View Post
    They run really fat in stock form, so you probably helped out the Air/Fuel (in most places) by adding some extra air lol.

Wanna feel old about something else? IBM hasn't sold and IBM branded consumer laptop since 2005 when they sold that portion of the business to Lenovo.
    Cheez. It's like being Rip Van Winkle..

Status

You're welcome lol.

+ Reply to Thread