+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trick Flow Heads

Default Trick Flow Heads

Didn't know Trick Flow made heads for small block magnums. Something new?
    https://www.summitracing.com/search/...rder=Ascending

Harland Sharp shaft mounted rocked for the heads.

https://www.summitracing.com/search?...eyword=S72025K
    https://www.summitracing.com/search?...eyword=S72026K
    408, HiPoTek, FRP Tuning, Martin Saine 46re
    12.33 @ 110
    2018 Renegade Raceway Summit Series Sportsman Champion

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

Looks like they announced them at SEMA 2017?

Good to have someone else in the game with fresh tooling.

Hell yeah, nice to have another option. They look like really nice heads.
    12.33 @ 110

These look like they have the LA intake bolt pattern.

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

Status

They do, but supposedly they have the Magnum accessory holes so you can make weird hybrids.

Status

What kind of mods would have to be done to a Magnum block for oiling?
    If these are a LA style heads and use a shaft rocker system, the oil would not be supplied via the push rods.
    I wonder about the cost of machine work to make this system viable.
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

Status

Early Magnums still had the LA oiling passages intact and were just blocked off with the head gasket and later Magnum blocks can be modified to open up the passages too.

That said, the rockers Harland Sharp developed for the Trick Flows don't use the standard LA oiling and instead oil through the pushrods like the Magnums.

It stipulates in the copy to use the HS stuff for magnums on these heads.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by arro222 View Post
    It stipulates in the copy to use the HS stuff for magnums on these heads.
    Correct, which are LA style shaft rockers that use Magnum style pushrod oiling; problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by nitroram33 View Post
    Correct, which are LA style shaft rockers that use Magnum style pushrod oiling; problem solved!
    Yeah, appears they are a direct bolt on head for late model magnums as long as you use the HS rockers. Looks like you would need to use LA style valve covers. i might call Trick Flow tomorrow and get some more info.
    12.33 @ 110

Status

Is that $1000 ea? Or the set ?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by blackknight View Post
    Is that $1000 ea? Or the set ?
    Each.

Each.
    Which is more than a legitimate price in my mind for a complete cnc head made out of aluminum. It would be nice if they had flow rates printed somewhere.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by arro222 View Post
    Which is more than a legitimate price in my mind for a complete cnc head made out of aluminum. It would be nice if they had flow rates printed somewhere.
    From Trick Flow's web site.

20190721_151508.jpg

i don't think the price is bad for CNC ported heads. Assembled Eddys with dual valve springs from Summit are 1,055.50 and not CNC ported.
    12.33 @ 110

Status

I can’t remember what i paid for my eddies, but they had just come out to the market and they weren’t cheap

Status

Back in the day I paid $2,000 for my Eddies that were suppose to be warmed over from that thief Dave Hughes.
    I had to spend another bunch of money on them to make them work on my motor aftet I figured out his work was hunk. The price for these Trick Flows seems pretty reasonable. The shaft system from Harland-Sharp is a little pricey though.
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

Quote Originally Posted by mikset View Post
    From Trick Flow's web site.

20190721_151508.jpg

i don't think the price is bad for CNC ported heads. Assembled Eddys with dual valve springs from Summit are 1,055.50 and not CNC ported.
    I don't think so either. May have worded my statement incorrectly to give the impression that I thought the price was high. Should have said "a legitimate price". That they flow as high as they do makes me sorry I got the junk from IMM. A good set of mildly worked heads should be in the $2000 range or higher. That these are cnc ported which a lot of companies put premiums on price wise, makes them that much more of a value

Supporting Vendor

Status

HTML Code:
    That these are cnc ported which a lot of companies put premiums on price wise, makes them that much more of a value
    I haven't seen these heads up close but they call it a "street port", which probably could use more work for a serious racer. (I'm a firm believer that you typically don't get something for nothing. More info needed to know for sure.)

The smaller size of the 1.57 exhaust valve probably means the exhaust port has good flow characteristics

Quote Originally Posted by 98Dak408 View Post
    HTML Code:
    That these are cnc ported which a lot of companies put premiums on price wise, makes them that much more of a value
    I haven't seen these heads up close but they call it a "street port", which probably could use more work for a serious racer. (I'm a firm believer that you typically don't get something for nothing. More info needed to know for sure.)

The smaller size of the 1.57 exhaust valve probably means the exhaust port has good flow characteristics
    I think any head would use more work for racing. They'd probably be closer to $4K or over with racing in mind depending on porting and materials. If what they say is true, the flow numbers as they are for the various lifts are rather outstanding with the "street port" in comparison to others.
    The most air forced through the smallest opening was always a power maker dependent on power curve wanted.

Talked to a guy at Trick Flow. He said our EFI Intakes would have to be modified to work with these heads. The bolts need to be angled where ours are straight in to attach to the head, don't know what all that would involve. Richard could probably shed some light on that. He did say they've been talking about coming out with an EFI intake for the heads.
    12.33 @ 110

Status

The easier solution would probably be a LA single plane with injector bungs added on

The easier solution would probably be a LA single plane with injector bungs added on
    Yeah most likely. Either way more $$$.
    12.33 @ 110

Status

The single plane LA EFI Edelbrock intake should do the trick, but may need a little porting to take advantage of these heads. Also, you could use the Indy LA intake drilled for injectors.

IMM had a post a couple of months ago on Facebook about these heads, and he was impressed.

The main problem with these now, is you are over $3k in heads and rockers. I can get a complete Gen3 Hemi for that, and probably be more reliable and get better mileage. I know there is some more cost in the Hemi swap, but some of it, I would need to purchase anyway, even staying with the Magnum stuff.

2012 Grand Cherokee Limited Wife's car - 4X4, Hemi
    2003 Dakota RT RC, Hughes intake and throttle body, D1SC Procharger, 5-speed
    2009 Challenger RT, 6-speed, sportlines, x-pipe, Dynatech mufflers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast