+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any special instructions installing a neutral switch on the 01+ 46re?

Status

Default Any special instructions installing a neutral switch on the 01+ 46re?

My NSS is leaking pretty bad, enough to run down and drip. Last time I had it in the shop the mechanic replaced the o-ring with a generic one but I guess it's worse now. It's not the correct transmission for a 99. It's got an 01 46re with the square nss with torx screws holding it in. I only have a factory manual for a 99 so I don't know if there is any special instructions for installing the square type. I couldn't find any videos online either.

Remove the 2 screws and pull straight out. Reverse procedure for installation.

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

Status

It doesn't need to be in neutral or any particular gear?

Quote Originally Posted by wh23g3g View Post
    It doesn't need to be in neutral or any particular gear?
    Not really. But ideally, 1st gear. The plunger in the sensor is pushed in all the way in park and is all the way out in 1st. Makes it a little easier so that you're not working against the spring pressure as you push in the sensor.

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

Turbo Dakota Junky

Status

Jack the truck up from the driver’s side to try and get as much trans fluid away from the switch as possible....or you will be wearing a bunch of it.
    Duner
    4.7 Turbocharged CC in white - 12's
    5.9 Turbocharged RC in black - 10's

1999 Dodge Dakota R/T RC Turbo: 10.51 @ 130.13 MPH

Status

Any ideas on what the labor would be install this and an extension housing seal? I have to have the extension housing seal changed out so I was just going to have the shop go ahead and put in the new switch but I want to make sure I'm not getting overcharged on the labor. I don't have a labor guide and the free ones online that I can find are for basic services. I'm thinking it shouldn't be over $150 plus I've already got the parts since the switch is under warranty.

+ Reply to Thread