+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Standard Motor Products (SMP) Plug Wire Set P/N 10073

Status

Question Standard Motor Products (SMP) Plug Wire Set P/N 10073

Has anyone used Plug Wires from SMP? These are advertised at only 15 ohms. They are also advertised as the exact same product that NASCAR uses, if that is true then the heat protection/resistance should be phenomenal for our trucks. I know my Edelbrock Headers are cherry after a short run.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...sn=443&jsn=443

CAUSEDODGEPATTERNBALDNESS

Status

Standard is usually one of your budget brands. If you want the best direct fit wires for the Magnum engines, just skip right to the Firecore50s:

https://www.customwiresets.com/produ...cat=268&page=1

Status

I have never tried the Firecore 50 wires.
    I use these on all of my engines, with no issues, and they are a great company to deal with.

https://performancedistributors.com/...ler-livewires/
    Edelbrock Magnum heads, Harland-Sharp 1:6 RR, Jomar Performance Ultra-Lite Stud Girdle, SoutheastPerformance Sheet Metal Valve Covers, Custom Hyd Roller from Reed Cams, Mopar M-1 2 Brl Intake, Hughes Stage 1 TB, JBA SS Headers, Jacobs Electronics Pro Street Ignition System and Wires, MBRP 'Cuda Style Exhaust, Western Chassis 2" drop front and rear, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, Terry DeLong Pro-Glass Shaker Hood

Accumulating parts...

Status

I've had Taylor, MSD, and Firecore. Soon It'll be Firecore's on both trucks. My longtubes were close to my MSD's and they have held up well. Have to zip-tie them away using the stock stud and wire separator/holder and zip tie the wire to the separator.
    12.10@106@Famoso Raceway

"Bleach Master"

Status

Fuck all that other garbage! Firecore wires are the best wire sets to run, PERIOD! Have them on my R/T and my Durango, don't waste your money on any of that other shit!
    This signature has been deleted thanks to photobucket!

fuck all of that over priced stuff. been running stock replacement wires with long tube headers with a Flyin' Ryan tune on a daily driver for the last 4 1/2 years with no issues.
    1941 Dodge 1/2 ton, 493 twin turbo, EFI, 727, 4 wheel disc brakes, custom triangulated 4 link, DANA 60, Gleason Torsen diff,

2002 Dakota R/T RC, PX8, PPH Headers, K&N FIPK, Hotchkis TVS, 20" R/T chrome rims, BFG G-Force T/A KDW 275/35 ZR20 tires, Kenwood head unit, Kenwood speakers, RF amp, 8" RF Punch Z subs

1998 Dakota RC daily driver 5.9L, AX-15 5 speed, Hooker long tube headers, FRP tune

DRTC Member

Status

Did you guys run into any issues after swapping wires? I recently did mine and did not pay attention to how they were routed back to the distributor and holy sheeeeiiiiit. Loud electrical whining sound after the motor warms up. I found this TSM: http://dodgeram.info/tsb/1998/18-48-98/18-48-98-v8.htm and after following it, has helped a little. Still a little bit of a whine. Using MSD wires.

Does there exist a set that is not so interference prone on these motors?
    99 R/T CC Flame Red - Current
    01 R/T CC Bright Silver Metallic - Sold
    98 R/T RC Flame Red - Sold
    04 SRT-4 - Flame Red - Stage 1 - Sold

DRTC Member #259

If you don't want to spend a lot, these are a decent set for the money. I ran them for a couple years but I jumped on the FireCore wagon so keep these as backup.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/s...iew/make/dodge

2003 CC
    360 Swapped, FRP Tuned, 2.02 EQ Heads, 210XP cam, HS 1.7 RR's, Fastman 52mm TB, Mopar 2bbl M1, Mopar/PPH Headers, 2.5" True Dual, X-Pipe, Hooker AeroChambers, Hi Flow Cats, MSD Coil, Cloyes Double Roller Chain, JGC fan, 180F T-stat, Mopar Valve covers, K&N FIPK, PATC 2800 Stall, Martin Saine VB, Mildly built trans, 4.10 gears.
    249 HP/322 TQ FRP Tune (Old build. New build TBD)
    12.35 @ 109 (150 Shot)

r/DodgeDakota

Status

These are cheap and work well with stock ignition , just get brass contact cap and rotor
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread